What is the purpose of this role?
- To assist the Site Manager and Operational Team in planning and supervision of schemes throughout the SW network to deliver the works safely, to the required quality, on programme and within budget.
What does this role involve?
- Assist with planning and programming of schemes to maintain the network.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental issues are considered and planned for in all site operations and activities, including the impact upon public and third party stakeholders.
- Provide any technical support to the supply chain partner(s) as necessary
- Promote best use of the network with our network partners.
- Provide support to the QS team when required
- Monitor for non-conformances in the Quality Plans / Inspection and Test Plans
- Mentor employee and apprentices as required
- To carry out on site visits to supply chain partner(s) delivered schemes to help solve any issues, and ensure that the work is being done safely, to the required standards and in accordance with the work programme and to carry out HSEA site inspections in accordance with contract instructions
- Brief the supply chain partner(s) via regular tool box talks and safety briefings, ensuring PPE is adhered to correctly and carry out site safety and environmental inspections in accordance with the contract requirements
- Accurately record all work carried out so that accurate claims can be submitted to the Client and 'as built' details can be provided if required
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with CDM is applicable
- Encourage a positive safety attitude and set the safety and environmental standards for all site operations and activities
- Promote a positive approach with regard to our immediate community, supply chain and workforce.
- Ensure that the waste produced on site is correctly identified and disposed in the approved manner
What are we looking for?
- Full UK Driving Licence
- NRSWA Supervisor
- CITB SMSTS
- NVQ level 3 or City and Guilds
- CDM Awareness
- Environmental Awareness
- Personal Highways Safety
- Availability to work at Nights and Weekends
- Willingness to work outside in all conditions
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, IT systems
- Understand client business, requirements, service needs and aspirations
- Good liaison and interpersonal skills
- Team management skills
- Customer relationship skills
- Commercial awareness
- Basic Programming
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive in delivering solutions
- Previous experience of Highways Maintenance contracts
- Experience of performance monitoring and continuous improvement
- Detailed operational knowledge and techniques required
- Experience of managing a workforce
- Experience of Chapter 8 and Traffic Management on High speed roads
- Team Management skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- CAT Scanner (Highways)
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.