E-Commerce Trading Manager - Bristol
Funkypigeon.com has been part of the WHSmith Group since 2010, continuously growing and becoming a household name for personalised cards and gifts. We continue to invest in customer experience and apps and are always innovating, to give our brand unique selling points over our competitors. With an aggressive growth strategy, more innovation and continued development of our teams we’re looking for the next E-Commerce superstars to join us on our exciting journey. As we grow, you’ll evolve with the business too.
We have a great opportunity for an E-Commerce Trading Manager to join us in our Funky Pigeon Head Office in Bristol on a permanent basis. This is a pivotal and evolving role developing and delivering Ecommerce strategies across multiple channels. You will be pivotal in working on advanced personalisation projects, as well as delivering strategic and operational excellence.
Your role will be to evolve our multi-channel commercial proposition across web and app. Optimizing Product, Product penetration, Conversion and New Customers. Your day will centre on delivering Ecommerce excellence, working with a wider team you will turn quality actionable insights into commercial success.
What you’ll do
• Analyse and provide strategic insight on multi-channel trading to drive both commercial actions/ change and significant and tactical web enhancements where required
• Work with the relevant stakeholders to understand stock availability and promotional focus in advance of planned peak season launches, updates, marketing campaigns and promotional activity to maximise direct sales opportunities.
• Work closely with the Buying, Finance and Web teams on future initiatives which will improve commercial trading in short and medium term
• Regularly update and communicate with directors and senior managers across the business to ensure category and trading team develops a profile that conveys strong leadership and direction
• Continually review the marketplace and competitor trends in order to identify significant opportunities and make recommendations for future strategic growth
• Review and suggest product categorisation and the prioritisation of those categories within the website
• Ensure promotional activity is supportive of product sales
Who we’re looking for
• Strong track record of delivering E-Commerce experiences that have delivered significant bottom line impact and conversion/acquisition uplift.
• Strong E-Commerce trading background from a E-Commerce centred, fast paced business
• Awareness of the latest ecommerce trading practices/technologies and market trends
• Confident communication and negotiation skills with the ability to change how we think and do
• First class planning, organizational and time management skills
• Excellent analytical, observational, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
• Demonstrate experience of developing relationships with Commercial, Marketing, IT, Finance & wider Digital teams.
• Incredibly organised & capable of working in a constantly changing environment
• Creative and imaginative, yet have a great eye for the detail
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be at of the hub of an incredibly fast-moving function and you’ll be trusted to make decisions that benefit the business. It’s a serious responsibility – which will seriously motivate you. You’ll thrive on the freedom and the chance to use your skills and will be supported with plenty of training and development opportunities. What’s more, you can expect some fab rewards, including an achievable annual bonus, 25 days’ holiday, pension, the perks of your birthday off, access to various discounts and lots more!