Broadband Product Delivery Lead
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The key purpose of this role is to provide thought leadership on product strategy and lead on every aspect of product delivery. This will include gathering business requirements for new product features, crafting compelling customer journeys, and running their delivery and transition into in-life management.
What you'll do:
- Champion the customer: passionate about creating great customer experiences that are the epitome of Sky; capable of combining the understanding of commercial performance and its drivers with the understanding of technological capabilities to build market leading Broadband products and services.
- Ownership: taking personal accountability for the delivery of new/enhancement of current products, coordinating every stage of delivery. Defining and tracking against clear success criteria and benchmarking externally on what great looks like.
- Simple product design: define clear product requirements, business rules and customer journeys which are driven by simplicity. Focusing on the things that really matter to deliver the business vision and being confident to drop good ideas for the sake of simplicity and focus.
- Communicate: present the product vision and its business case at a peer-to-peer and senior management level. Build and maintain credibility with key stakeholders and peers in UK Technology and customer service teams.
- Work collaboratively: work closely with Proposition, Marketing, Trading, Technology, Customer Operations, Supply Chain, Network Services, Procurement, as well as external partners and suppliers; communicate business vision and provide ongoing direction across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Idea generation: find opportunities for product development with innovative ideas, supported by compelling business cases, that will help us deliver the best customer experience, persuading other teams, up to director level, that your proposals make business sense.
- Transformative change: shape, influence and lead the delivery of key strategic products through translating recommendations into defined project scope to deliver brilliant outcomes for our customers and business.
What you'll bring:
- Product experience: proven success developing and delivering new products and improving existing products.
- Broadband Experience: interest in Broadband and Wi Fi technology is essential. Proven experience is a plus.
- Self-starter mentality: entrepreneurial, with the ability to think outside the box and bounce back quickly from setbacks.
- Can-do problem-solving attitude: an analytical mind with an appetite for understanding and using gathered knowledge to inspire change in the business; ability to sift through data and other evidence for insights; you'll be comfortable leading on the business case and driving a compelling reason to make changes.
- Driven and inquisitive spirit: decisive and delivery oriented, simplifying ambiguity, asking questions and setting clear direction.
- Clear communication with gravitas: able to take complex messages and articulate them in a clear way across multiple layers of the organisation, to instil confidence and secure buy-in.
- Experience working across virtual teams: independent, open and non-hierarchical; able to work effectively with marketing, service, call centre, finance, trading, product and digital colleagues to produce outstanding results.
- Mentor and developing teams: Empowering direct and virtual teams to deliver and supporting them to learn and grow through tailored development experiences.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more passionate about who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.