Electrician - Birmingham
About the opportunity
Amey provides facilities and estate management services covering 21 sites to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Delivering planned and reactive maintenance, essential services like cleaning, catering, we help keep the sites we maintain, safe, clean and complaint.
We work in partnership with our clients and clinical staff to ensure the 24/7 service we provide is delivered to the highest standard with minimum impact or disruption to day-to-day operational requirements of the Trust and patient care
Based at our site Venture House (Highcroft), your role as Electrician will be to undertake electrical repair and maintenance working on B&SMHT buildings, providing a customer focused and cost effective service.
This is a full-time, permanent position based at Venture House, Erdington , B23 6AL.
Working pattern will include Monday to Friday 08.30 - 16.30 with overtime available
We are offering a salary up to £31,000 per annum plus a range of Amey benefits for this role.
There will be an on call requirement on a rota basis every third week.
Travel will be required to different sites with a Van included in the role.
Driving license is essential.
Basic disclosure will be undertaken for the successful applicant.
What will this role involve?
- Carry out planned maintenance activities on a variety of sites across Birmingham
- Undertake fault finding, investigation and reactive repairs to a variety of different types of installations
- Ensure all equipment is checked before use, is fit for use, and that you are trained to use it
- Manage a schedule of work and ensure all associated administration duties are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Review and contribute to Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and ensure compliance at all times
- Work from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision
- Notify management of any defects on equipment or systems
- Deliver continuous improvement within the scope of the role and keep to key performance indicators
- Ensure that confidentiality is observed at all times and that matters relating to duties undertaken or information received during the course of duties remains confidential
- Support the ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes and initiatives
What are we looking for?
- Full electrical trade qualification
- 18th Edition IEE regulations
- Good standards of numeracy and literacy
- Requirement to travel across all sites within area of responsibility
- Demonstrable practical experience in Commercial and Industrial Electrical Works
- Good understanding of electrical requirements in a busy, fast paced environment
- Flexible approach to work requirements and hours of work
- Prioritising tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team including:
- Planning and completing personal objectives
- Working as part of a wider team to ensure compliance with KPIs
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements including COSHH and RIDDOR
- Providing face to face support and advice to customers across the business
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.