Operating in one of the most interesting, innovative and fluid industries, a role within Discovery’s Product and Tech organization offers a fantastic career opportunity.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery+, Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more immersive stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
It takes an army of incredibly talented, passionate and creative individuals to make this amazing content and the tech that distributes it and that’s where we come in! Discovery’s Talent Acquisition team recruits the best talent the industry has to offer. We pride ourselves on hiring Sourcers who are absolute experts at what they do. Passionate, with a keen eye for talent, well networked and up to date on industry innovations. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
As a Senior Sourcer on our DTC team, you’ll have one of the most exciting recruitment roles in the industry! You will build and execute sourcing strategies to identify and attract diverse and inclusive pools of top talented candidates across an extensive portfolio of new and existing products, within one of the fastest growing and most exciting areas of the company. You will take on a role as a Talent Advisor with both your recruiting partners and our hiring leaders. You will engage with prospective candidates to better understand their experiences, interests and motivations. You will measure the impact of sourcing methods in a data-driven manner to contribute towards driving the continuous evolution of our team.
- Handles direct req support aligned to a core pod focus area.
- Is an expert in core area and maintains current business acumen of both the marketplace and related internal teams.
- Responsible for building and maintaining pipeline of talent for core pod focus area that is diverse, inclusive and relevant.
- Owns engagement strategy for pipeline including campaign outreach.
- Uses multiple channels in sourcing outside of the typical job board and resume channels and keeps current on talent sourcing trends in the industry.
- Uses market data to build a visual representation of the market landscape and use it to influence important recommendations regarding the search and the development of talent pipelines.
- Prioritizes candidate experience with every candidate you connect with and seek to understand their motivations.
- 5+ years of relevant technical sourcing or research experience required.
- Experience conducting talent-related research or talent sourcing with either a corporate setting, through an agency or with a research firm.
- Proven ability to utilize innovative sourcing tools, strategies, and techniques to attract and engage with a diverse pool of niche technical talent.
- Proven ability to discover, organize and present relevant market data to plan sourcing strategies and influence key decisions.
- Salary Benchmarking expertise.
- Familiarity with driving event process to ensure ROI.