Land Surveyor - Flexible Working Available
This is a site-based role with some flexibility
For more information on our transition to new ways of working, please follow the link: https://www.laingorourke.com/thinking/transitioning-to-a-new-way-of-working/
Laing O'Rourke are recruiting for a Land Surveyor to work on major projects in London and South East of England, this would be a great opening to join large prestigious Civil/ Structural infustracture project.
What will the role look like?
- Undertaking land/topographic and engineering surveys, using a variety of specialist equipment and technology, such as robotics and 3D scanners
- Setting out
- analysing data using plans, maps, charts and software such as AutoCAD, Civils3D, Leica Survey Software.
- preparing survey drawings
- Able to demonstrate Leica system, software
Key skills for geomatics surveyors and land surveyors
- Numeracy and the ability to make mathematical calculations
- The ability to understand and interpret data
- Lateral and logical thinking
- Problem solving and analysis
- Attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organisation and time management
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- AutoCAD, Civils3D, Leica Survey Software.
- Specialist land surveying
- Laser scanning
- 3DR Cyclone
- Point cloud
Qualifications and training required
- Degree in Geomatics/Engineering Surveying or Tech Qual (NVQ/TSA)
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email