*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. While we are best known as engineering experts, working in sectors as diverse as nuclear, rail, water, energy, highways, and aviation, our UK wide business provides a wealth of different support function roles within human resources, commercial, IT, innovation, design, work winning / business development, safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ), communications, procurement, and finance.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry. We are a community of diverse individuals with shared goals and a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture. Collectively, our people play an invaluable role in shaping the UK’s infrastructure and contributing to our long-term sustainable growth.
We are looking for people to join our team who not only have relevant qualifications and skills, but who understand and value our culture of pride and connection.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Stakeholder Manager.
The Stakeholder Manager will provide support and guidance to all stakeholders on designated highways projects, ensuring the day to day stakeholder operations, as detailed in the stakeholder management plan, are delivered operationally. The role will also be responsible for being the first point of contact for all general public and stakeholder complaints and queries and addressing and escalating as necessary. The manager will provide management of all stakeholders on project or projects and ensure communications are set up and maintained with all stakeholders. Provide effective and accurate communications link between project and stakeholders.
- Develop, manage and implement communications and stakeholder plans and strategies across the project to help improve the perception of customer services
- Address stakeholder / customer concerns and questions as FPOC
- Manage day to day stakeholder management plan activities for several projects
- Regular communicate project progress to all stakeholders
- Arrange and attend regular public events acting as a representative of Morgan Sindall
- To be aware of all aspects of the works, consider how these packages may impact on stakeholders (mainly but not exclusively residents and motorists).
- Take appropriate action to advise and warn in advance (through letter drops, client website, e-mail, social networking, etc)
- Deal with requests for information and complaints, and manage a complaint register to record the issues and actions taken.
- Produce and maintain the public information wall plans to record sensitive receptors, environmental constraints, details of letter drop undertaken, works on structures etc.
- Local knowledge expertise advantageous
- Degree qualified or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in the Highways or Infrastructure sectors
- Exceptional organisation and project management skills
About the Highways Team:
The UK’s strategic and local road infrastructure is a vital asset for communities and businesses, supporting economic prosperity and social connectivity.
As a major tier 1 contractor and framework partner, we play a key role in providing multi-faceted engineering services to keep these vital arteries running, ensuring smoother, safer, less congested journeys for everyone.
Our teams work on complex, high-profile national motorways, trunk road schemes as well as local authority road networks to deliver comprehensive, integrated services including design and build. These infrastructure solutions are enhanced by our complementary tunnelling and bridge design and build capabilities.
Whether working on Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes or construct only works, we always endeavour to share best practice and deliver progressive solutions by engaging as early as possible with our customers to maximise innovation, efficiency, and cost savings.
Driving improvement across our road network
- Delivering projects to improve road journeys for millions of people every day
- Providing improved and new access to areas for development and employment opportunities, promoting economic growth
- Implementing hard shoulder running (HSR) and introducing smart motorway technology to give reduced vehicle emissions, increased journey time reliability and cost savings of around 40 per cent compared with conventional schemes.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.