Business Manager - for a private day nursery - Flexible Working Available
We are searching for a value driven, dynamic, committed, and approachable operational business manager to join our small team, as we embark upon an exciting journey of growth and change. You will be joining our organisation at an exciting time, working alongside our nursery owner to drive our business forward, enabling our educators and curriculum leads to enhance our child led ethos and develop our outstanding creative and innovative early years curriculum.
If you are a positive person, a problem solver, able to listen, reflect, support, and think strategically, then we would love to hear from you.
KTB Kids are an independent Ofsted rated Outstanding day nursery dedicated to supporting children in their early years to become happy, resilient, respectful, and fulfilled adults. As our new business manager you will lead on financial policy, manage our suppliers and contractors, control our nursery building maintenance, handling contracts and tenders, make sure our nursery security as well as health and safety policies are followed and will manage the nurseries administrative systems. We believe that leadership is about doing the right thing and sticking to values, and our new business manager must be a great leader within our organisation. That said, we are not looking for a traditional leader functioning within a hierarchical system and working in solidarity. Instead, we promote a model of distributed leadership, recognising that we have become a genuinely more effective nursery because our team collectively pull together in the same direction, guided by the same vision and values towards a common set of goals. In achieving this we recognise our power to make lasting, significant improvements in the lives of the children we care for.
The role of our nursery business manager requires a strong background in business, finance, educational management and HR, educational legislation, and resource management. Early years’ management experience may be beneficial, but it is not essential. We are looking for a mid-October start and recruitment will be subject to safer recruitment.
KTB Kids actively welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and facilitates an inclusive environment free from discrimination, bullying, harassment, or victimisation, where no form of ‘difference’ is ever a barrier to employment or career progression. We recognise that a diverse, equal workforce will feel happier and more valued, helping our organisation to thrive, grow and achieve its aims.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to the nursery owner Katie.
To establish a high quality and financially sustainable nursery business through both knowledge and understanding of the sector, the effective management of finances and overseeing all aspects of day-to-day business and administrative practices and resource management.
To be responsible for the people management of the setting, being an inspirational, passionate, and energetic leader, and ensuring that all the nursery activities are conducted in accordance with the nursery values and ethos.
Main duties and responsibilities
· To continually review management systems, structures, and financial performance of the setting to ensure sustainability and continuing development of an effective organisation responding to changing circumstances.
· To achieve the targets set for occupancy levels by managing capacity, reviewing numbers of children attending and following up enquiries promptly to always ensure maximum capacity levels.
· To support marketing and advertising of the nursery, gaining leads, tracking enquiry sources, arranging viewings and tracking conversions to registrations, to ensure the nursery maximises its capacity.
· To promote positive reputation management, to build strong positive relationships and to effectively manage unwanted feedback and concerns, ensuring that we learn from mistakes and use all feedback to influence practice.
· To be accountable and responsible for day-to-day financial systems directly relating to the nursery provision and the administrative duties associated with the management of the facility, e.g. maintaining records on the children and their families, keeping accurate and up to date personnel records, ordering equipment, maintaining an inventory.
o responsible for the timely and accurate collection, recording and banking of fees.
o management of a petty cash budget including customer credit and debtors.
o build on clear and measurable plans, budgets, and targets in accordance with agreed procedures to ensure financial objectives are met.
o prepare timely and accurate reports to the director as required with information relating to finance, quality of the provision and anything else deemed necessary.
· To manage the funding processes in line with the local authority contractual agreements.
Resource management responsibilities
· To ensure that there is effective management and development of nursery resources, that the premises are efficiently utilized, add value to the settings services, and comply with legislative requirements.
· To oversee the efficient upkeep of the building and grounds, including maintenance, cleanliness, stock control of equipment, furnishings and fittings whilst maintaining a register of assets.
Staff management and legislative responsibilities
· To lead a team of professionals whilst always ensuring good practice.
o embed a culture of continuous improvement in relation to service, quality and efficiency, and to foster strong team working.
o plan and organise staffing schedules and holiday rotas to ensure staffing levels are in accordance with Ofsted.
o follow all relevant legislation that relate to staff employment and record keeping.
o manage the single central register for the team
o co-ordinate and chair staff meetings as appropriate including maintenance of agendas and minutes.
· To demonstrate effective audit, observations and tracking to evidence compliance to the responsibilities within the KCSIE and EYFS legislations.
· To regularly review the nursery policies and practices, including but not limited to safeguarding, health and safety policies, and risk assessment. Updating annually or when required in accordance with current legislation, best practice, and nursery procedures.
· To liaise with Ofsted and Social Services and other professional bodies associated with the nursery as necessary.
· To respect the confidentiality of sensitive family information (subject to child protection policies and procedures) and ensure all staff adhere to this.
· To implement and manage effective communications within the team, and to ensure regular communication and interaction with families.
· To receive and deal with complaints positively and proactively in accordance with procedures.
To act professionally in line with the company code of conduct.
To show flexibility and adaptability in line with the company code of conduct.
For the general responsibilities
- Ability to communicate confidently with a wide range of people
- Able to work independently and to manage own time efficiently
- Demonstrable commitment to personal and professional development that enhances performance in the role
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to:
o equal opportunities
o partnership with families
o highest standards of service and to the regular review and enhancement of these
- Enthusiastic, innovative, and energetic
- Willingness to adapt and participate in hands on Nursery activities as when required
- Willing to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service
For the financial responsibilities
- Experience of financial data management and its usage to ensure a financially viable and sustainable nursery
- Excellent IT and computer software skills for financial purposes including financial analysis and reporting
- Experience of financial/budgetary management & planning
For the resource management responsibilities
- Experience of managing physical resources, including buildings
For the staff management and legislative responsibilities
- Excellent staff management skills- proven ability to lead a team, inspire, guide and motivate others
- Experience of managing, assessing, and developing a team
- Experience of record-keeping and maintaining confidentiality
- Working knowledge and experience of Health & Safety issues and legislation
- Working knowledge of child protection issues and procedures
- Experience in writing and implementing policy documents and procedures
Apply for Business Manager - for a private day nursery - Flexible Working Available
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly