Talent Manager - Part Time
We have a freelance / fixed-term opportunity for an Interim Talent Manager to help our growing company while our HR Director is on Maternity leave. This is a hands-on role (day to day cover needed, not Director responsibilities) and an ideal opportunity for someone with great people skills who is looking for a secure but fixed-term contract, to help grow our company and bring in some fresh new thinking and ways-of-working. This isn’t just a “babysitting” role, we want you to come armed with ideas and help us to spark some change!
Surevine is a small, UK based (yet completely distributed) company. We have hubs in London, Cheltenham and Bristol, and a team spreading from Durham to Kent.
We provide secure collaboration technology and expertise to UK Central Government and other organisations with equally demanding security requirements.
The Talent Manager will be responsible for recruitment, employee engagement and building on our way-of-working. We need a people-focussed person to help keep everything running and continue to build our evolving culture.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Recruitment – grow the company and help us find, hire and on-board everyone from Junior Support Staff to Technical Team Leads
- Employee management – reviews, probation periods, benefits, and performance management (both good and not-so-good)
- Contractors – source and engage people with specialist skills
- Way of working – carry the torch and protect our culture as we grow
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Work with new starters to set up inspirational and productive home-working environments
- Employee engagement – newsletters, updates, and planning our quarterly all-company get-togethers
- Review and refresh our way of working to meet the needs of our people, both old and new
- Human Resources support – advise and lead our leadership team through HR issues as they come up
Skills and experience
- Experience of working as a Talent Manager / HR Lead for a small company (you will be working solo in this role, not part of a large HR team)
- High IT literacy, including office applications e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, and presentations
- Internet savvy – ideally already using Google Apps / the latest web-based tools to make life easier
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated but a great team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Mental Health First Aid Responder
- User of social media with an interest in new technology
- Mac proficient