Location: Maidenhead / Slough
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. While we are best known as engineering experts, working in sectors as diverse as nuclear, rail, water, energy, highways, and aviation, our UK wide business provides a wealth of different support function roles within human resources, commercial, IT, innovation, design, work winning / business development, safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ), communications, procurement, and finance.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry. We are a community of diverse individuals with shared goals and a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture. Collectively, our people play an invaluable role in shaping the UK’s infrastructure and contributing to our long-term sustainable growth.
We are looking for people to join our team who not only have relevant qualifications and skills, but who understand and value our culture of pride and connection.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Rail business unit for an ambitious and talented Senior Planner.
The Senior Planner will provide planning management and support to both the pre-contract and contract operations for the business and coordinate with bid and construction teams to manage and control the planning and programming aspects of bid proposals and multiple projects in progress.
- Educated to professional level with a relevant degree or equivalent in a core business discipline
- Through understanding and experience in the use of project management software
- Extensive experience in programme and project management, project planning, including programme controls, project review, and cost and risk analysis
- Ability to plan construction works from first principles, preferably with experience in multi discipline Rail / Infrastructure major projects
- Extensive site experience on business related projects in a management or supervisory capacity
- Extensive experience of the impact that commercial events have on the baseline programme
- Extensive experience of working on multi-discipline projects within the Morgan Sindall sectors
- Bid and project planning experience on construction projects
- Experience in recognition and recording of any change in requirements
- Experience of actively measuring and monitoring performance and the presentation of the results in a logical manner to support continuous improvement
- Experience in the interpretation of data and information and producing it in a clear and logical format
About the Rail business unit
Millions of people rely on Britain’s rail network to take them safely and efficiently across the country every day. Morgan Sindall helps this happen by providing renewed and enhanced rail infrastructure with the minimum of passenger disruption.
Our customers receive a multi-disciplined service covering electrification, power supply, tunnelling and a full range of civil engineering and building capabilities including structures, lineside infrastructure and station enhancements. This is complemented by track and signalling works from our supply chain partners to provide a complete rail offering.
Our expertise is focused not only on effective delivery of projects within a railway environment, but also on minimising disruption for railway users through the adoption of innovative working practices and techniques. These include ‘live launch’ bridge construction, in which we can install bridges while allowing railways beneath to remain operational.
From landmark station refurbishment projects and platform extensions to tunnelling works and bridge launches, we have a track record of delivering rail projects that are helping to provide a rail network fit for the 21st century.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.