Assistant Print Designer - Home (maternity cover) Ref: 0075992
About the team:
The Home Design team design and develop new ranges, taking responsibility for everything from design concept through to technical development, initial samples and product selection.
About the role:
- Responsible for developing and generating innovative patterns and illustrations and applying them to homeware products including textiles, hard goods and also beauty.
- Designing to different customer tastes and styles.
- Working closely with the Designer to support the whole design process from planning and designing new ranges through to product selection.
- Drive key trends from initial concept to workable design specs across your product category.
- Liaise with suppliers on design, product and development ensuring that products match initial design specification.
- Designing products with an awareness of price architecture, margins and selling prices.
Criteria About you:
- Highly creative with a real vision for assisting with the design of our homeware and beauty ranges.
- Proven experience of print design and working with product, preferably gained in a fast paced commercial environment.
- Be able to demonstrate your commercial awareness and understanding of trends.
- Qualified to degree or equivalent with homeware design experience.
- Able to draw / sketch & paint by hand.
- Able to design illustrative characters.
- Competent use of both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, 3D software not essential but would be useful.
- Strong communication skills; capable of working well with other teams and building. productive relationships.
- Highly organised with good prioritisation skills to be able to work to set deadlines.
Please note, as part of the application process we require you to submit examples of your portfolio, please ensure you upload examples or provide a link to your portfolio. Unfortunately, applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!