Client and Community Liaison Manager
What is the purpose of the role?
The Client Liaison Manager's (CLM) role is to understand the goals and objectives of the client organisation and ensure contract alignment with these goals and objectives.
The CLM will continuously update this understanding through the development and maintenance of a Contract Engagement Plan and ensure the contract evolves with any changes in the client's objectives.
Implement a contract level social value plan ensuring alignment to client social value and net zero priorities and wider Amey plan.
Develop a clear and continually evolving understanding of the client's goals and objectives through the following and other routes:
- Constant engagement with officers and members
- Close reading and understanding of Council corporate plans and strategy documents for the Council as a whole as well as for Services supported by Ame
- Attendance at relevant public meeting, Council sessions etc.
- Interaction with other contracts to understand and implement best practice
- Manage and maintain a continually evolving Contract Engagement Plan ensuring alignment to client and wider business priorities.
- Responsible for embedding a customer-centric culture across the contract, able to respond to the emerging needs of the contract
- Utilise proactive communications methods to engage our workforce, the client and local community
- Engage proactively with the local community and beyond to develop Community Engagement Programmes
- Manage and maintain a continually evolving local Social Value Plan including alignment to Net Zero initiatives.
- Provide advice and support to client officers to ensure that a true spirit of partnership exists between the parties.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, ensure there is a contract-wide focus on working collaboratively with the client and delivering their goals and objectives.
- Ensure that all contract personnel understand and demonstrate their own commitment to the Engagement Plans
- Act as lead on client monthly survey and provide action plans to rectify areas on non-conformance.
- Act as contract lead on behaviour maturity and relationship frameworks.
- Provide Environmental Social Governance information for client in line with OPM requirements.
- Act as contract lead for Employee Engagement activities.
- Support future bid activities.
What we are looking for?
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with client officers and members
- High level interpersonal skills - excellent rapport building
- Ability to build trus and confidence quickly
- Adapt to difficult customer situations professionally and effectively
- Outstanding listening skills
- Excellent project management ability
- Ability to write copy and excellent use of English language including grammar
- Ability to deliver presentations
- Significant customer service exposure
- Community Engagement environment
- Leadership and planning
- Significant experience of local government environment is preferred
- Experience of partnership working and relationship development
- Experience of producing information and documentation to a high standard in a fast moving environment
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.