Digital Payments Analyst
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"We're recruiting for a new role within our payments team, a fundamental component of Sky's world class product & content portfolio!
This is a great opportunity to work in an exciting growth area that allows innovative and agile thinking, enabling us to continue refining our product, improving our service and further increasing our customer base.
We aim to provide exceptional and secure customer experiences through data driven decision making, collaboration and a "build once, develop many" mentality. If you think outside the box and are looking for a new challenge, this could be the role for you!"
Lydia Field, Product Owner - Payments
What you'll do:
- Feature Analysis & development: You'll be working with our suppliers, business stakeholders and our data and technical scrum teams to identify opportunities and defining the requirements for improving the product performance and customer experience.
- Collecting, understanding, and conveying user stories for the product backlog·
- Project management / support: We have a very busy roadmap with a significant number of projects on the go. You'll be working with our Senior Product Manager for Payments and our Payment Product Owner, delivering our ambitious roadmap and vision to deliver a world class capability.
- Optimising payment authorisation rates: Central to what we do is successfully collecting payment from our customers so they can watch the great shows, movies and sports games we broadcast. You'll play a key part in how we do this, from helping analyse our reports and performance through to helping optimise fraud rules and payment processing.
- Supporting our customer service teams: Every so often, one of customer's accounts gets into real difficulty. Maybe a stolen card, or something unusual happening on their account, or an issue with their billing. Most of these are solved just fine by our customer support, but sometimes you'll need to step in and help investigate what's gone wrong and help fix it. We also have a number of articles on our websites about payments - we'll need your help to keep them relevant and up to date for our customers.
- Payments market and competitor research: We want to be the best at what we do and provide the best service for our customers. To support this, we spend time looking at fintech innovations, trends in the market, and what similar companies to ours are doing. You'd be spending part of your time helping us with this research - investigating what works and what doesn't.
What you'll bring:
- A passion for media and technology - it's at the core of everything we do and are as a team.
- A drive to get things done and make a difference, and the calmness to ensure we keep focused on the bigger picture when things are challenging.
- Good balance of creativity, analytical and commercial skills, and an understanding of what makes a great payments experience.
- Great communication skills and with an ability to multi-task, take ownership and prioritise on the go
- Ability to define requirements understanding what is key in a complex area.
- Relevant work experience in media, or experience working in technology, a payments team, eCommerce or finance.
- Relevant work experience in an analyst role (desirable, not mandatory)
- Competency / fluency in other European languages, especially German and / or Italian (desirable, not mandatory)
We're the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we're collaborative, empowered and innovative - together, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.