Work with Amey on the UK's most exciting rail project!
TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working.
As the Track Estimator you will report to the Alliance Estimating Lead. You will ensure a consistent approach is taken for each estimate across all WOL projects, supporting and interacting with estimating leads and other discipline specialists as required.
You will have:
- 5-10 years' experience in estimating and construction in a rail environment, specialising in track estimates.
- 5 years' experience of producing Target Prices.
- 5 years' experience of working within an estimating and bid team environment.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Rail Method of Measurement (RMM).
- Lead on Track Estimating within the Project.
- Provide a focal point for all estimating matters associated with track.
- Interface with the Estimating Lead, Deputy Estimating Lead, Lead Estimators and Commercial Team to support estimating activities on Section Proposals.
- Be proactive with other specialist discipline estimators to ensure consistency coverage of work scope across the projects.
- Manage organisational assurance requirements and timescales to ensure the release of estimate updates/information to the required timescales.
- Be accountable for clear and accurate estimating within the allocated project, including baseline production, maintenance and variance analysis.
- Analyse estimating data to identify opportunities, variances, issues and trends on the project.
- Manage the validation of estimating source data, using benchmarks or other comparisons to assess value for money on the allocated project.
- Liaise with other Lead Estimators and other Discipline Estimators to ensure consistency and sharing of best practice.
- Assist with production of overall Project Specific Design to Cost Dashboards as requested by Estimating Leads.
Skills & experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent FRICS or equivalent.
- Legal understanding relevant to contracts.
- Clear understanding of the importance of robust business processes and systems and a strong commitment to quality.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word.
- Strong commercial acumen and winning mentality.
- Excellent Health and Safety awareness.
- Outstanding communication skills, with good stakeholder management.
- Personal determination and enthusiasm to drive dynamic change.
- Environmental awareness for managers.
- IOSH managing safely.