Digital Marketing Specialist
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Marketing and Communications Office:
The Chief Marketing and Communications Office is accountable for marketing, communications, public relations and government affairs across the group. This critical function is focused on building the Inmarsat brand, driving marketing lead generation, communicating both internally and externally and ensuring a favourable policy environment.
Primary role purpose:
The successful candidate will be at the heart of the Inmarsat brand, working in the Marketing department as part of the award-winning Digital team. Additionally, this position plays a vital role in the successful communication of our corporate and Business Unit (BU) objectives.
As the Digital Marketing Specialist, you will be a key point of contact for the Digital team in maintaining and running our marketing automation and CRM solution Pardot - producing email marketing campaigns and optimised landing pages that support our Events, Corporate messaging, and BU Campaigns. However, that is not all, you will also gain exposure across the digital spectrum by supporting both the Digital Content Manager in the creative use of our Social Media channels, delivery of timely communications to our channel partners and working with the Director – Digital Marketing in the delivery of enhancements to our corporate website and delivering an enterprise-grade marketing technology stack to support business growth. You will work with your Digital team colleagues, Corporate Communications and BU marketing partners in delivering timely measurement of our activities and providing a 360 degree feedback loop to support best practice.
You will contribute to the briefing process and support the delivery of campaigns to meet exacting deadlines by managing each step in the workflow. You will need some basic coding ability in HTML and CSS but, most importantly, you will need to bring a working knowledge of Pardot, Marketo or HubSpot, or similar CRM systems.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to work with stakeholders from across the business. As the Digital Marketing Specialist, you will ensure all work is completed to a high standard, meeting tight deadlines. You must have an outstanding attention to detail, be organised, have strong communication and time management skills as well as be comfortable in working within a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Supporting the Director – Digital Marketing in delivering high quality Digital marketing
- Working with Corporate and BU stakeholders in planning and executing digital campaigns
- Ensuring all digital marketing campaigns are delivered on time and within budget
- Overseeing digital marketing activity from beginning to end ensuring they meet the target objectives
- Delivery of corporate emails using CRM system
- A/B Testing campaigns / email messages to trial new ideas for effectiveness
- Reporting campaign results to stakeholders and explaining variances
- Reporting on campaign return on investment and making recommendations
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of key communications to our channel partners
- Working to strict deadlines and KPI’s as set by the Director – Digital Marketing
- Supporting the uploading of content on our corporate website.
- Evolution of landing page and email templates to drive more engagement with Inmarsat content
- Supporting the Digital Content Manager in:
- Scheduling weekly content posts
- Execution of campaigns
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience running marketing automation platforms such as Pardot, Marketo and HubSpot
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, with excellent oral and written command of English
- Background in marketing communications and/or campaign management
- Demonstrable knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Delivering analytics and campaign measurement in digestible reports for the business
- Demonstrable experience of using CMS to update websites. Adobe Experience Manager experience essential. WordPress is additionally desired.
- Experience in running marketing campaigns from inception to completion.
- Good technical ability and marketing platform experience.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to deliver to demanding deadlines
- Relevant industry experience gained from a similar company would be a strong advantage.
- Enthusiastic team player who can also work on own initiative
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of the Digital Marketing mix (Web, social, CRM, Email)
- Experience in the telecommunications industry or B2B is an advantage
- Able to work in a transparent manner, utilising project management software and ready to provide updates at any time
- Experience of dealing with and/or managing external digital agencies
- Experience of working in a fast-paced matrix organisation
- Digital Asset Management tools
- Sprout Social (or similar tool e.g. Hootsuite)
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do