Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary Role Purpose:
The Digital User Experience is a high profile key initiative at Inmarsat, aiming to continually improve and simplify how users interact with our digital products and services. It prescribes build of consistent, intuitive, easy to use user interfaces optimising user experience across our software solutions.
We are looking for an Analyst Developer to join IT Business Solutions team within Group IT. You will primarily be involved in the development of front end web interface applications, working closely with cross functional teams including UX designers to implement value add UI features in an agile delivery environment. You will form part of a team building new and exciting experiences which fundamentally support the delivery of our digital strategy. Your role will also require maintenance of some existing full stack systems that form part of the team’s product portfolio.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the current and emerging front-end development technologies that will support the team in delivering quality solutions
- Develop and unit test custom features using prescribed framework using best practise development standards.
- Build reusable code and libraries
- Conduct peer code reviews
- Optimise application for maximum performance taking into account security.
- Support operational support teams in incident and problem resolution activities.
- Work with the wider team to prioritise activities through effective sizing of efforts
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Experience building applications with modern frontend frameworks (Angular, React, Vue)
- Experience of full stack development
- Experience with Angular 7+
- Test driven development with JS Test framework
- Experience working with REST based APIs, API Gateways
- Experience with GitHub, Jenkins, AWS CloudFront and S3
- Excellent analytical, problem solver with the ability to apply your skills to build new solutions
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision, while participating fully as a member of the Delivery team.
- Excellent spoken and written communication in order to efficiently interpret and share requirement
- Comfortable working in an Agile-based, fast-paced environment
- Experience of working in an augmented environment with 3rd party vendor
Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Typescript using Angular 7+
- Programming experience in at least one server side language (Python, JAVA)
- Jasmine/Jest/Karma/Cypress Testing framework
- CSS design SCSS
- Use of Swagger for defining APIs
- Knowledge of secure software coding practice
- Jira and Confluence
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do