Quality Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
As a quality engineer you will make sure that work is carried out to the customer’s standards, specification and schedule and that the correct materials and workmanship are used; ensuring the customer is given quality work and value for money.
As a Quality Engineer you will:
- Assist in or carry out inspections and supervision of construction work
- Ensure that the works (including materials and workmanship) are carried out in accordance with contract documents and programmes and resolve any on-site issues that may arise
- Ensure that all works on site comply with the relevant health and safety legislation and Morgan Sindall procedures
- Ensure that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained on the contract, via site visits, assessing contract implementation with due regard to building and health and safety legislation and, if appropriate, to instruct contractors to cease operations
- Undertake audits involving visiting sites, checking service work against the programme and feedback of information / problems identified
- Identify technical problems on site, and recommend corrective action where required
- Undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the post
Skills and Experienced required:
- Have a wide understanding of the construction industry, including knowledge of materials, trades, methods and legal requirements
- Excellent working knowledge of construction techniques
- Experience in developing and maintaining robust administrative systems
- Keep up to date with changes in construction methods, statutory legislation and carry out continued professional development (CPD)
- Ability to work in a team environment contributing across a project, site or area
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate self and colleagues to perform
- Good planning and time management skills; able to manage activities simultaneously within compromising on standards and quality
- Ability to ensure standards and specifications are met
- Ability to work with colleagues to contribute to project and operational performance
- Sound knowledge of construction practises and standards
- Specialist knowledge in chosen field
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.