Are you looking for a rewarding role that really makes a difference to people’s lives? We have a variety of Support Worker opportunities available across Wirral and Cheshire.
You will be working for one of the country’s leading providers of services and support to people with autism and their families. They offer comprehensive training and job development to employees and have flexible ways of working to fit your lifestyle!
Position: Support Worker
Location: Various locations across Wirral and Cheshire
Job type: Permanent (guaranteed hours)
Hours: A variety of shift patterns available, including Full-Time, Part-Time and Waking Nights
Salary: £9.04 per hour / £9.15 per hour if qualified to NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care or equivalent.
About the role:
As a Support Worker every day is different, you never know what the day will bring! That’s what makes it so exciting.
Being a Support Worker means encouraging and promoting independence. It isn’t just about personal care, you will help people with everyday activities and really make a difference to their lives, some of your key responsibilities may include:
- Supporting people through times when they are feeling anxious
- Assisting with budgets and finances.
- Keeping up to date support plans, reports and charts etc.
- Administering medication when required
- Accompanying the people the charity supports to leisure activities and outings of their choice
- Helping prepare meals, ensuring a healthy and balanced diet
- Providing a safe and secure home environment for the people the charity supports
You don't need to have worked in social care before to be a good Support Worker, simply the right attitude and a naturally supportive and caring nature is all you need. The charity fully supports the career progression of their staff and on-going training is provided to teach you everything you need to know.
As well as knowing that everything you do makes a huge difference to the lives of vulnerable people, in return for you hard work and support you will receive a fantastic benefits package:
- Full, paid, award winning training and ongoing support to develop your skills and to obtain formal qualifications in Social Care
- 25 days (5 weeks) plus 8 days statutory bank holiday entitlement
- Company Sick pay scheme, rising to 8 weeks full and 8 weeks half pay
- Attendance incentive scheme
- Access to a defined contribution pension scheme (NEST) with a contribution from the organisation
- Twice yearly implementation to the tax free cycle to work scheme
- Plus lots more!
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.