Training and Development Officer
Training and Development Officer
We’re looking for a Training and Development Officer to develop existing Open the Book teams of volunteers from local churches as well as grow new teams, spreading the vision of Open the Book.
Position: Open the Book (OtB) - Regional Training and Development Officer
Location: Home based, East England
Hours: Part-time 15 hours per week
Salary: £24,000 to £29,000 per annum pro rata
Benefits: Flexible Working, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Family Time benefits including TOIL, 25 day’s holiday (plus bank holidays) holiday trading, discounted gym membership, Health Cash Plan or Private Medical, Cycle Scheme, Annual Staff Day, Life Assurance, Tastecard, Childcare Vouchers, Loyalty Awards, Staff Events, Free tea and coffee and free car parking
Closing date: 26 September 2021
Interview date: 6/7 October 2021
The Training and Development Officer will deliver training to new, existing and prospective teams in your region and represent Open the Book (OtB) at events, conferences, festivals and churches.
Main responsibilities include:
- Deliver appropriate training to new and existing teams in your digital region
- Network with churches and organisations to promote strong working relationships
- Develop a volunteer network that promotes OtB, develops existing teams and grows new teams
- Deliver OtB existing team training events using Zoom, TEAMS and other digital methods
- Contribute to the cycle of support provided for storytellers through newsletters, articles, emails etc.,
- Contribute to the overall OtB development plan as part of a wider offer
- Present the vision of the organisation in settings such as churches and key Christian events
- Ensure that all products, materials and campaigns are fully consistent with Christian standards and principles and conform to brand guidelines
A skilled communicator, you will have knowledge of and empathy with the churches in your region and proven experience of both delivering training and building excellent working relationships. You will also have a personal passion for the Bible to be heard.
You will have:
- A qualification relevant to training delivery or proven experience of delivering effective training, on time and to plan
- Knowledge and empathy with the churches in your region of England or Wales
- Substantial knowledge of safeguarding rules and regulations with the ability to communicate this to individuals and groups
- Experience of building, developing and maintaining excellent working relationships
- Previous experience of working effectively with volunteers
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please provide your CV and a 250-word statement that sets out why you’re the best person for this position.
Commitment - As a Christian organisation, the charity believe you have gifts and abilities that are all your own. So they’re willing to explore how what you have might fit what’s needed.
The checklist – There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. You don't have to tick every box on the job description before you apply!
It's personal - You have a life outside work, and the organisation want you to be able to live it well. So are happy to talk to you about flexible working hours and working from home.
Learn and grow - When you're trained in a new skill, or learn a different perspective, it benefits everyone. The organisation is committed to making it possible for everyone to flourish, with a huge variety of learning resources available.
Celebrating difference - Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of the organisation and it promotes diversity of thought, culture and background. Diversity is valued and this is reflected in the workforce.
Level ground - We want you to bring your best to the application and selection process. If you need any adjustments to be made for that to happen, let us know and we'll be glad to help.
About the Organisation
The charity’s mission is to offer the Bible to the world. It is a vision of a world where everyone has access to the Bible and can recognise its value for them, their families and communities. Working for a Christian charity, this is a great opportunity to work for an investor in people gold employer who have won awards for their excellence in investing in people. They are committed to the development of all staff and have fantastic charity-sector benefits to help motivate and retain exceptional people.
The charity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and aspires to reflect this in its workforce. Applications are welcome from people representing all sections of the community.
You may also have experience as a Training and Development Officer, Regional Training and Development Officer, Trainer, Volunteer Management, Volunteer Manager, Supporter Engagement, Supporter, Church Partnerships Officer, Church Relationship, Church, Open the Book, Story Telling, HR, HR Training Officer, Volunteer Officer, Volunteer Training Officer, Training and Information Officer, Training Lead,