Administrator (Buildings & Civils)
The purpose of the role
AIW operations the infrastructure maintenance of the Core Valley Line (CVL) in Wales and you can influence the future of Welsh infrastructure.
We are seeking an Administrator to join the Buildings & Civils team to provide an accurate, efficient and effective administrative support to the line manager. Work as directed or using own initiative as the situation demands.
What will this role involve?
1. Administration of rosters and timesheets.
2. Accurately update systems, databases and records as required including raising purchase orders and payment of invoices where directed.
3. Input to and maintain spread sheets/databases/systems and produce and collate reports
4. Set up and maintain efficient filing systems for the Section(s) paying particular attention to confidentiality where necessary and also those documents deemed to be safety critical.
5. Undertake general office administration duties for the Section Manager using a range of knowledge and skills to provide effective support.
6. Provide support and assistance to other Administrators and business support positions as directed.
What are we looking for?
* Experience of general administration clerical support and office management
* Excellent time manager
* Knowledge of relevant IT systems with exposure to management systems and data entry and database applications.
* Experience/use of MS Word and MS Excel Outlook PowerPoint in a general administrative role
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships.
* Knowledge of operational railway environment.