Finance Systems Analyst
Location: Rugby (Flexible)
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
The role of a Financial Systems Analyst is a newly created role reporting directly to the Finance Systems Manager. The focus of the role will be on development projects and continuous improvement in transactional and operational finance, through the use of technology led solutions, to deliver insights and game changing improvements.
You will be responsible for support and development of the finance systems, including developing and maintaining financial reports and interfaces between the various finance applications. You will provide important day to day support to the Finance Team and other work streams across the business.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Working with the Internal Finance team and the business to create new and maintaining existing, management information reports – published using a variety tools (SSRS, Power BI, Excel, Coins).
- Testing of system upgrades, new implementations and enhancements to existing financial systems.
- Provide accurate information to stakeholders internally and externally.
- Driving and implementing efficiencies to business systems and processes primarily in the area of finance (e.g. Purchase Ledger, Subcontract, Sales, General Ledger and Payroll).
- Work on and support ad-hoc IT and finance related projects as and when required.
- Coordinate and collaborate with End Users and IT staff to find solutions to problems identified.
- Write and update user and process guides, process maps.
- Troubleshooting and providing support for the financial systems.
- Provide training and training materials where appropriate.
The successful applicate will have / be:
- Strong analytical thinker with inquisitive mind.
- Ability to understand business processes and process flow charts.
- An understanding and experience using T-SQL with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and ideally experience of extending MS Office with VBA.
- Knowledge of Power BI is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to prioritise work and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Basic awareness and understanding of financial accounting (or willingness to learn).
- Ability to produce clear, concise, and impactful documentation from presentations to detailed business requirements.
- Good communication skills with confidence to be actively involved in meetings.
- Willing to learn and develop themselves to extend knowledge and fill in any skill gaps where appropriate.
- Educated in the fields of either Maths, Science, Information Technology or Economics.
- Knowledge of Coins or how an equivalent ERP system should operate.
- Have some understanding of how a large organisation works across its various functional areas.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.