Senior Project Engineer (Pre-Ops)
Senior Project Engineer (Pre-Ops)
Location: Westlake’s Science Park/ Sellafield Site
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for one of the most successful construction and infrastructure companies in the UK?
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers some of the UKs most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure. Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Nuclear business unit for an ambitious and talented Senior Project Engineer (Pre-Ops) to join our growing team.
As a Senior Project Engineer – Pre-Operations you will be acting as a section leader to support the pre operations manager through –
- Input O&M learning into project processes (Design, HAZOP, Risk, Contract, Schedule and Estimate).
- Implement Pre-Operations allocated work-scope in accordance with
- Supporting a proactive and balanced approach to safety (nuclear, radiological, conventional and environmental) to ensure that safety is optimised.
- Deliver Pre-Operations documentation activities through the generation and control of instructions including operator instructions, alarm response instructions, emergency operating instructions, and maintenance instructions etc.
- Manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, suppliers and regulators.
- Direct reports or responsibility for team supervision
- Plan, organise and monitor delivery of own team or contract team.
- PMP Author, routinely authors / project manages PMP’s.
- Acts as SME for allocated scope within discipline or function
- Supports delivery of disciplined operations and maintenance.
- Delivery of allocated Pre-operations work-scope and meeting deadline dates.
- Maintain quality assurance compliance, as required by the Pre-Operations Manager.
- Supports the pre-ops manager with oversight of contracts and monthly cost reporting.
- Electro/Mechanical Level 4 qualification and able to present qualification certification.
- Member of (or working towards) professional registration with Engineering Council
- Experience in producing Operation & Maintenance Documents
- Training Instructor / Coach
About our Nuclear business unit:
Joining a growing, innovative and more than anything friendly team, you’ll be able to play your part as well as develop and learn from colleagues. Operating in the Nuclear sector for just over a decade, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding Nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets. The Nuclear sector is growing, changing and an innovative environment to work and operate in. We strive to deliver operational excellence and each member of our team plays their role in that.
We believe in delivering responsible nuclear and defence infrastructure.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.