Commercial Finance Analyst
If you’re looking for a finance job that’s more than just numbers, Funky Pigeon adds up. Our finance experts have a say in most things and a huge impact on business decisions. All this makes Finance a great place to learn, explore and progress. Come and join us as a Commercial Finance Analyst at Funky Pigeon, it’s fast-paced and you never know what will happen next.
Now a household name for personalised cards and gifts, it’s a hugely exciting time for Funky Pigeon. Turnover has rocketed and we’re building our tech and digital capability to take business to the next level. It’s a cool, fun brand and you’ll be exposed to a fast-paced creative environment surrounded by smart passionate people with a ‘one team’ approach.
Why join us?
In terms of what you want to achieve, and what you could be, you’ve only just begun. There are ‘no limits’ to what you can accomplish. It’s perfect for people who are happy to use their initiative, be ready to make big decisions and are adept at finding commercial solutions. It’s fast paced here so you’ll need to think on your feet and be prepared to work hard. But the autonomy, variety and development you get is incredible - anything is possible.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll provide financial and analytical support to the trading team, producing weekly routine reports along with ad hoc trial analysis, as well as supporting with the production of budgets and forecasts for the commercial P&L. You will also manage the weekly and month end reporting, including journal processing and reconciliations and support with audit requirements and ensure a clean cut off at half year and year end.
- Support trading with all planning cycles (budgets/forecasts/Year 2 & 3 plan)
- Prepare budget & forecast packs for review meetings along with output reports for the trading teams
- Produce daily/weekly reports for the trading teams to drive in the moment ‘what’s happening’ Produce ad hoc seasonal reports for key trading period
- Support financial planning process with focus on numerous customer cohorts
- Complete all month end reporting including processing journals, reconciling balances, and interpreting variances
- Report the month end position to the trading teams
- Provide financial support/controls on supplier management and debt
- Assist the trading teams to achieve the half year and year end cash targets
What we’re looking for
- Part Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Finance experience in a fast paced business including budgeting/forecasting, and monthly results
- Comfortable with ambiguity – being able to provide clarity, and guide decision making
- Demonstrated analytical, financial acumen in delivering forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as data interpretation of business impact and results
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (both written and oral) with proven ability to interpret and present data in a compelling format to finance and non-finance audiences
- You challenge and question the ‘why’ and ‘how’ to solve problems and achieve better outcomes and are confident reporting to and challenging senior management
What you’ll need to show
- Customer focus – Keep customer at the heart of all you do
- Drive for results – Tenacity for ambitious and competitive results delivered with pace
- Value our people – Respect and value our people in an honest, open environment
- Accountability – Personal responsibility for actions and deliver what you say you will
What you’ll get in return for your experience
Being part of Funkypigeon.com means you will work with talented, passionate individuals and cutting edge UX technology. You will have the opportunity to influence company performance through your actions. You will receive 25 days holiday (your birthday off for free), performance related bonus and discounts through the company.
If successful, candidates will be required to obtain a valid passport, undertake a criminal record check and provide 3 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates. “WHSmith values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the Community”