Fixed Term Contract - 6 Months
National (Office locations in Dartford, London, Manchester)
We are looking for a Resourcing Advisor with experience in Engineering or Construction to join our team. You will join us during a period of transformation and support the business with end-to-end recruitment and selection services. You will ensure quality support and service is provided to projects and functions in line with Laing O'Rourke's mission to be the leader of innovation and excellence.
- Provide general best practice Recruitment advice to hiring managers and staff across projects
- Liaise with hiring managers to develop job briefs
- Create job advertisements and post to our internal and external careers website, and external job boards
- Utilise EArcu to manage the recruitment process; raising recruitment requisitions, candidate management and gaining approvals for offers of employment
- Support the candidate selection process by short-listing, phone-screening, reference-checking and interviewing candidates, ensuring alignment with the brief and our company culture
- Communicate timely updates to candidates regarding the outcome of their application; phoning unsuccessful candidates after interview
- Request pre-employment checks
- Support the filling of roles through the timely development of candidate pools and pipelines
- Promote the internal Employee Referral Program (ERP)
- Develop and maintain knowledge of our company culture and employee value proposition
- Positively and accurately represent our employer brand in all communications
- Develop positive and collaborative relationships with managers and other team members
- Communicate timely status updates to hiring managers
- Support the internal resourcing process, including redeployment and demobilisation of staff, as required
- Support internal-redeployment and talent development by prioritising internal candidates
- Support our Diversity & Inclusion agenda through developing candidate pools and promoting candidates to hiring managers
- Provide hiring managers with coaching, training and support in relation to recruitment
- Undertake duties and responsibilities within the general scope of the position or within the employee's skills and abilities
Demonstrated experience in a similar role in an in-house or agency environment recruiting in the Engineering/Construction space. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 2 years generalist HR / recruitment experience. Experience of resourcing is also preferred, ideally both permanent and agency staff.
SOFTWARE: Competent in the use of Microsoft Office suite, LinkedIn Recruiter and EArcu (preferred).
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email