General Insurance Products Lawyer
Here at Lloyds Banking Group, we are looking for a General Insurance Products Lawyer. This role is with the General Insurance & Protection (GI&P) Legal team, which is part of Legal & Secretariat.
The GI&P Legal team provide legal advice on a range of contractual, product and claims related issues to the GI&P business as part of the Insurance & Wealth division. The team is a mix of commercial contract and insurance product lawyers from different backgrounds, but we all share in the vision of providing commercially-focussed legal solutions to Help Britain Prosper.
You'll primarily advise and collaborate with the General Insurance (GI) business. Products are sold through third party intermediaries, direct and through the retail branch network. In addition to home insurance products which are underwritten in-house, the business distributes a number of third party underwritten products including Motor, Commercial Lines, Legal Expenses and Home Emergency.
This role is available full time or job share. We are looking for the best person for the role, and we are happy to discuss flexible working options. The entire team are currently WFH and this is something we plan to do more of in the future!
What you'll have:
We're looking for someone who is collaborative, adaptable and self-motivated.
You'll be a qualified solicitor, barrister (or equivalent) with experience advising on consumer law and customer facing financial products (ideally insurance) gained in a top law firm and/or an in-house legal function. You'll enjoy working closely with business partners to provide legal solutions and be adept at identifying and handling legal risks. Strong communication is a must. The role requires good relationship management with colleagues in the GI business, including areas that support that business, and the wider Legal & Secretariat Community.
What you'll do:
- Advise the business on a variety of product and consumer related legislation, including the Consumer Rights Act and the Consumer Credit Act and a good understanding of the regulatory framework.
- Advise on policy terms and conditions, including launching new products and the review of existing conditions.
- Provide advice on end to end customer journeys from on-boarding of customers through to claims.
- Deliver technical legal input to influence projects with a significant impact across the Group or a number of business areas and may handle external resource.
- Positively influence others by demonstrating the Group's core values and behaviours.
- Provide advice and guidance to business areas on Corporate Governance or Legal Risk Management using the Group's relevant risk management policy framework.
- Build and maintain external and internal networks to provide appropriate professional advice to achieve the Group's objectives.
- Report legal or governance issues, recommending solutions as the need arises.
- Ensure that legal developments, risks and appropriate training needs are being addressed, reported and shared.
You'll be joining a forward-thinking, encouraging team with plenty of opportunity to develop your skills. You will be fully supported in your new role with guidance and training as you learn about the work that we do and the businesses that we support
So what can we offer you in return?
You'll be rewarded with excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity!
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- A Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Share Schemes
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.