Security Specialist - Flexible Working Available
At Lloyds Banking Group we're building the bank of the future, and we want your help to ensure we do that with security at the heart of all of our change. With over 26 million customers, we're the UK's largest Retail and Digital Bank, and with 100,000 colleagues, the scale of services, customers, and colleagues you can help protect is EPIC.
The Groups' purpose is to help Britain prosper by operating as a responsible, sustainable, and inclusive organisation. We support this goal within Cyber Security by ensuring our design and delivery teams are equipped to make smart, innovative, and secure decisions. We put the customer first, and secure technology plays a pivotal role in how we make things more accessible, secure, and convenient for people.
Sounds an exciting prospect, right? Are you someone who wants to be in at the heart of this change, working in an agile way to deliver new, innovative digital finance technologies, that are securely future-proofed. Being resilient and scalable to meet the needs of our business and the pace of our growth.
What's the role?
As a key part of a Technical Security team, we'll ask you to identify improvements to technical designs to ensure that platforms and systems are secure. Positioned between supporting large projects and programmes and working with operational and platform teams, you'll ensure that security objectives are built directly into our systems. If compliance as code, guardrails, and Dev/Sec/Ops all resonate with yourself, then you could be just the Security Specialist we're looking for.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Working with cross-discipline teams to tackle complex challenges that often occur when developing innovative secure solutions within a banking environment.
- Identifying security design weaknesses, and communicating those challenges to a range of colleagues, ensuring their remediation.
- Using your analytical approach to review systems and present a view on the current security posture of key components of LBG infrastructure.
- Acting as an SME, and providing guidance, and consultation where support is needed.
- Sponsoring key Automation initiatives which allow us to improve our services and keep pace with the rate of change.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for Cyber Security Specialists who are highly motivated with a keen focus on improving both themselves and the services they offer the rest of the bank. With as solid grasp of the cyber threat landscape, candidates should have experience across a range of security disciplines and be able to apply Security expertise when performing risk assessments to ensure risks are correctly identified and mitigated.
You'll be supporting the dynamic demands of projects and associated change activities, as well as familiarity with dealing with operational teams. With an ability to delve into the detail (such as reviewing code and configurations), you'll use your experience to give key security updates to colleagues. A background in authoring technical documents and reviewing and articulating risk would also be beneficial.
Successful candidates will demonstrate;
- Experienced background in Security disciplines (e.g., Networks, Data Security, Application Security and Identity & Access Management).
- Assessment of systems against internal security frameworks and baseline build requirements.
- The authoring of logical and technical security patterns, Cloud guardrails and other guidance, based on internal security standards and industry benchmarks.
- In-depth knowledge of Cloud security frameworks used by the main Cloud providers (e.g. Google, Azure, AWS)
- Familiar with DevOps toolsets and have some hands-on coding skills.
You'll successfully deliver in their role through possessing the following capabilities;
- Eagerness for staying on top of industry trends / initiatives and articulating what those changes mean to the wider Cyber Security team and community.
- A curiosity for how new or existing Cyber Security technologies could lead to the updating of security artefacts.
- A track record of delivery, with strong organising skills.
- Ability to build & manage relationships within the team and across other Group IT Directorates.
- Confidence to challenge designs or processes to ensure secure, improved outcomes.
What you'll get in return!
You'll join us in building a 21st century bank, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment. We support the principles of agile working, we're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
So if you possess the Cyber skills we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible.
***This role can be based out of our Bristol, Manchester, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Gloucester, Pudsey or London hubs - we're mainly looking for the above skillsets. The broad base salary banding across the UK is from £50,000pa to £79,000pa. Salaries in the London area will be reflected towards the upper end of this bracket***