Analytics and Insights Manager
Are you obsessed with data and analytics? Do you want to really make a difference at work? Can you share customer analytics and insights that will help us meet our ambitious growth plans? If yes, then look no further as we may have the role for you!
As an Analytics and Insights Manager, you will be supporting the bank’s performance by providing analytics-driven insights and recommendations to stakeholders across the organisation. You will develop in-depth knowledge of our wider business areas, create PowerBI datasets and reports, and investigate trends which will inform data-driven decision making. This exciting role will also involve building data models to proactively interrogate the data, collating content for packs for leadership teams as well as working closely with different teams across the bank.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting the day-to-day data needs of the wider business, this is likely to involve managing various requests and stakeholders at any given time, working confidently in a rapidly changing environment
• Enhancing our existing MI & BI tools and reports, as well as developing new ones
• Investigating data problems which arise, identifying the root cause and coordinating the solution
• Developing insightful analytics to proactively inform the business about relevant trends
• Implementing and adhering to Metro Bank’s Data Policy
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You should be passionate about data, and enjoy drawing out the story behind the data and presenting it to a non-technical audience
• To be successful in this role you should be commercially minded, you should understand the Metro Bank business including the products that we sell to Retail and Non-Retail customers (Business & Commercial)
• Naturally you will have strong data visualisation skills, ideally you are a super user of PowerBI, but you might also be an expert user of Excel & PowerPoint and are wondering what comes next
• You should be a problem solver, you love a challenge and can tackle unexpected issues with a positive attitude
• It is essential that you have strong communication/presentation skills, you can simplify complex topics and are comfortable presenting to middle and senior level stakeholders
• To be successful in this role you should have grounding in some of the following technologies/systems: Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI (Tableau, Qlik or similar), SQL
• It would be beneficial if you also have experience with analytics tools such as SAS/R/Python etc
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!