- 99 City Rd, London, UK Full-time
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 10 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security, Group IT and Real Estate & Facilities.
Primary role purpose:
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join Inmarsat’s Facilities Management team becoming an integral part of supporting the needs of a global satellite company. You will be customer focused and able to provide a first class service in this diverse and exciting role .You will provide mechanical engineering support/knowledge for the Hard FM Services, complete preventative maintenance to deadlines, maintain paperwork supporting PPM activities and be involved in the management of contractors.
You will also be required to respond to reactive and emergency faults and conduct reactive maintenance work to ensure compliance SLA’s, complete daily plant/building inspections and provide operational support to the business via helpdesk requests.
- Complete site training and keep up to date with the latest operational procedures
- An understanding of planned preventive maintenance for the building
- Carry out any routine maintenance (if required) on equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs to minimise down time
- Full, accurate and timely completion of all maintenance logs, schedules, etc. to comply with Health and Safety legislation and company, insurance and ISO requirements, etc.
- Engage with external vendors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Ensure there are adequate supplies of spares on site for commonly used parts and log these in a stock sheet
- Maintain a service record of all planned maintenance work undertaken
- Complete assigned building maintenance and Helpdesk tasks whilst actively interacting with end users, and the building maintenance lead within the required SLA. Ensure the new helpdesk process is a success and the system is kept up to date
- Carry out daily building checks, ensuring a proactive approach to the up keep of the building. Inspecting all facilities to ensure good working order and state of repair
- Health & safety checks where necessary. Report problems and/or unsafe practices to relevant Supervisor and Health and Safety Manager, together with any recommendations for improvements
- Participation in a 24/7 on call rota will be required (on-call rates apply)
- Carry out all minor repairs in relation to building and utilities, planned and executed in such a way so as to minimise risk or inconvenience to others
- Follow up on action points agreed on by FM and maintain a log, such as daily checks
- Minor troubleshooting & maintenance for office equipment if required
- Review processes, procedures, systems, paperwork, etc. in own area, and make suggestions for improvement
- Communicate process changes to relevant parties in order that relevant follow up may be carried out, e.g. training
- Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel (FM/H&S)
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as necessary to clarify technical details and overcome problems
- Must be flexible and assist the FM team in any role required by the business.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Commercial PPM & Reactive maintenance in line with SLA’s
- Fire alarms FCU's AHU's BMS, Head End Controls, HVAC plant, Water treatment, First Line Chiller Response, Calorifiers, Humidifiers
- Planned & Reactive Maintenance/Repairs on Mechanical or plumbing systems
- AC units - AHU / FCU servicing
- Air ventilation systems - ensuring the filters, fan belts and dampers are in good condition
- Mechanical pipe work repairs, plumbing of taps, sinks, toilets/flushers
- Plant maintenance/Providing any assistance to the other engineer on site
- Fault finding/Remedial works
- Apprentice trained City and Guild Level 3 in Mechanical Qualifications (or equivalent)
- Commercial Maintenance Experience Client facing persona 5+ years building services experience
- City & Guild F-Gas Category 1 desired
- IT Literate (Exel,Word,Outlook,CAFM,BMS)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrate good planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Present/Chair meetings providing critical works/PPM updates to senior FM figures
- Ability to show examples of using initiative and judgement to resolve problems
- Experience Business critical plant
- ISOH or equivalent H&S training preferred
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Experience of working in a helpdesk based environment would be advantageous
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do