Manager, Commercial Frameworks
Manager, Commercial Frameworks
- 99 City Rd, London, UK Full-time
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Commercial and Product Management
Inmarsat’s Commercial & Product Management (CPM) group is accountable for ensuring the voice of the customer is heard and used in all aspects of defining our offer. Coupling customer insight with market intelligence, this informs our product strategy, our channel strategy and our commercial offer. In addition, it helps us support the business to win, grow and retain customers as well as allowing us to be clearer on how we will partner with other players who can create value, and why partnering and working with Inmarsat is valuable to them. CPM also focuses on how to develop, deliver and maintain the right products and services to be competitive, ensuring our costs to serve are optimised and reducing complexity.
Primary role purpose:
The role is a key part of ensuring customers receive the best possible commercial offer available whilst optimising the profitability of the offer. This involves the creation of offer elements to allow sales colleagues to create and close sales opportunities as efficiently as possible, and supporting with ad hoc requests as required to drive further tailoring in a profitable way.
- Develop commercial frameworks that define & govern how the offer is presented to the end-user by Sales to ensure the full commercial offer is optimised to ensure maximum financial benefits whilst ensuring we maintain competitiveness and the flexibility to succeed - this includes parameters for pricing, aligning products with distribution channel and partner selection prioritized against market opportunities across the group.
- Determine how we optimise the principal customer facing elements of the offer, i.e. proposition design, promotional tool kits, impacts of incentives, evolution in the perceived relative value of the elements of the offer.
- Support Product Managers to determine what offers we need (now and future) to deliver material success in the target markets with the targeted economics, scale and growth, and deliver a rigorous assessment of why.
- Support Commercial colleagues in influencing a broad range of stakeholders across the business units to adopt and adhere to the new ways of working within defined commercial frameworks.
- Support definition and streamlining of the governance approach over adherence to the frameworks, whereby only exceptional items will require governance approval.
- Foster effective working relationships with operational teams to ensure offers are optimised to support our ability to grow profitably.
This role is providing a strategically important service and the successful candidate will not require extensive supervision by their line manager – but will be expected to be largely self directing and self motivated.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Financially savvy with an ability to understand the costs structures of products and businesses and how they impact product and offer decisions
- Significant experience in analysing and preparing robust business cases
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Business intelligence, data, statistics, modelling and analytics experience and expertise
- Pragmatic and results focussed –rapidly delivering tangible outputs, experienced in taking iterative approach to improving models and usage
- ‘Agile’ and ‘waterfall’ change delivery knowledge and experience
- Fluent in English language
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do