3D/Image Data Team Lead
This exciting new role as 3D & Image Data Team Lead is dynamic, varied and fast paced. You will be juggling diverse projects including 3D, Augmented Reality, Image data, Production and Print.
As a collaborative and friendly manager, you will keep all the plates spinning with great organisation and positivity.
No two days are the same in this role, so you will need to be versatile, ensuring the smooth running of all the projects with on time delivery. Due to the varied nature of these projects, you will be a people person and able to form close working relationships, as well as demonstrating strong leadership skills.
You will have an inquisitive nature and be keen to investigate new avenues and procedures - not forgetting any cost and time saving benefits to be had. You will always be looking for ways to grow, improve and automate the processes. You will stop at nothing to ensure that all projects are achieved to their full potential. Demonstrating a clear understanding of critical path management, your ability to adapt to change and think quickly, will be outstanding.
- Manage the critical path for all areas of the business, giving realistic deadlines but remaining flexible
- Explore new ideas and initiatives to grow the potential of 3D and Augmented Reality, and automate workflows to improve efficiency
- Create and manage the production and print schedules ensuring all deadlines are achieved
- Control the image data process ensuring all images flow through to online with correct metadata
- Provide timely and effective communication on progress or issues with all relevant parties
- Be a first point of contact and figurehead for the team across Next
- You will be leading, coaching and developing a team of 4 direct reports, so you will have excellent leadership skills.
-You will lead by example ensuring we consistently deliver the highest standards of
- Your experience will help the team to think outside the box and increase the possibilities where the 3D and Augmented Reality technology could be used
- Encourage and develop effective communication and teamwork between the team and other business areas
- Conduct performance reviews at least twice per year, as well as holding regular one to ones to discuss feedback and goals
- Empower the team to make decisions and create a positive, friendly, and approachable team dynamic
- Listen to new ideas and have an open mind about change
- Knowledge of 3D and Augmented Reality processes
- Experience of managing complex projects simultaneously
- Critical path and project management skills, and the ability to plan and prioritise your own workload
- Inquisitive and always looking for ways to improve or automate processes
- Experience of a fast paced online and image based environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to think quickly and adapt to change
- Keen eye for detail and high level of accuracy
- Practical and working knowledge of GSuite
- Previous artworking and/or print experience
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!