What is the purpose of the role?
- To co-ordinate the planning phases in which of all defects related to the highway are rectified in contractual time scales.
What does this role involve?
- To day to day oversight for the delivery of both reactive and planned maintenance.
- General daily administration of the Dashboards to fulfil the maintenance program in order to minimise performance deductions
- To be proactive in the planning and programming of communications related to routine maintenance and planned works
- Interrogate the workstacks, process work orders and work with supervisors to prepare sites for programming, (Highlighting jobs that need pre scoping at the earliest event)
- Review work orders for compliance within contractual SLA/KPI/Works on/off project network in occordance with NWSRA Liaise with works order generator in case of queries
- Audit defects to ensure what is being requested is in scope of the contract
- Ensure road space booking data is accurate and well maintained, undertake necessary actions to resolve issues
- Assist in the identification of opportunities for collaborative work either through road space occupation or sharing of permits or best practices
- Ensure full compliance with regards to governance with all processes and procedures, minimising non-conformances within the contract
- Ensuring that both Planned, and Emergency works are reclassified in line with agreed Amey/SCC procedure
- Management of stake holders
- Liaise with work stream leads to ensure sufficient resources are available to deliver the programme
- Ensure tools, equipment, resources are in place to deliver Right First Time at all times
- Provide reliance to the wider Planning team
What are we looking for?
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of technological processes and how to use them to drive business improvements
- Understanding of WBS codes and project Strata activities
- Knowledge and Understanding of Highways Maintenance Contracts
- Formal Logistics experience gained in a fast moving automated logistics environment
- Logical - likes to understand how things work
- Strongly analytical
- Highly statistical; able to use data to drive business improvements and operational solutions
- Structured and organised
- Assertive communication style
- Focus on service delivery
- Awareness of impact on decision making
- Commercial Awareness - Knowledge of clients budgets and expenditure
- Understanding of basic programming of works
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What makes this role unique?
- You will maximise the productivity of resources through reduction in wasted time, materials and operational costs.