Post Office Operations Manager - Newbury Post Office
Experienced Manager required for busy Post Office in Newbury
Must be available to cover as required
Are you an influential leader looking to play a key role in your branches success?
We are looking for outstanding individuals used to working to challenging business objectives and managing budgets to join our team.
Reporting into the Store Manager, you will be looking after a team where you will have previous experience of managing performance, from appraisals through to disciplinaries.
- Create a customer service led culture which is always striving to improve performance
- Ensure all staff deliver a professional, friendly service to all customers
- Play an active role in the branch with the team
- Maximise opportunities to drive sales and increase footfall
- Ensure the branch is fully compliant with all current legislation and POL compliance and training requirements.
- Drive the team to achieve both individual and branch targets including sales, shrink, waste, cash loss and staff costs
- Work closely with the Store Manager to identify cost saving measures and sales opportunities through analysis of the Profit & Loss statement
- Support the Store Manager with employee lifecycle from recruitment to appraisals, training and disciplinary procedures.
- Proven retail experience in a management role
- Working knowledge of profit & loss accounts
- Previous experience of working to and achieving demanding targets within tight budgets
- Experience in supporting delivery of store objectives, including maximising sales and controlling shrink
- Coach and mentor the team to improve performance
- Leading by example and setting high standards for your team