Senior Credit Analyst Band DU
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Lloyds Banking Group. The Large Corporates Credit ("LCC") Consumer Team are looking for an upbeat and hardworking individual looking for stretch and challenge in a fast paced environment. The portfolio predominantly consists of customers facing into Consumer-related sectors across the Large Corporates portfolio. LCC is a key function within Commercial Banking Risk, providing robust and dynamic credit assessment of Large Corporates customers, and monitoring them on a sector basis (e.g. Retail, Food & Drink).
The LCC team provides a collaborative learning environment, with an emphasis on partnership and personal development. Our culture provides individuals with the opportunity to work within a diverse and versatile team that comprises a wide range of experience and agile working patterns. Flexible working patterns are supported and widely utilised across the department. LCC has a consistent track record of supporting colleagues with their personal development. This has culminated in various promotions within the team and on to many of the areas we work closely with, e.g. Large Corporates, Capital Markets, CardNet and other product areas.
You'll have an enquiring mind, and will want to develop objective and independent credit skills.
What you'll be doing...
- Conducting independent credit assessments of lending proposals and preparing reports for sanctioning officials to enable informed decisions to be made. This involves analysis of company prepared information, broker reports and company financial documents, as well as other meaningful information, and identifying key strengths and risks. Submissions include new to bank business, increased lending and annual credit reviews.
- Undertaking research using business press, credit rating and broker agencies, to ensure assessments have an external dimension, and applying judgement to ensure relevant material information is included when evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of a lending proposal. This will also include sensitivity analysis and use of the bank's modelling systems.
- Liaising with relationship managers where necessary to craft credit proposals in order to maintain a balance of risk and reward for LBG.
- Monitoring and control of credit exposures, to identify situations which may increase risk to the bank, communicating with senior colleagues and other interested parties as appropriate, as well as compliance with LBG policy and regulatory policy.
- Acting as a point of reference for credit issues within the various sectors. You will be involved in assisting the preparation of periodic sector reviews to assess evolving horizon risks.
- Maintenance of internal records to satisfy internal and external requirements, particularly relating to data quality and statutory reporting.
Large Corporates Credit offers a very accommodating learning environment, with an emphasis on collaboration and personal development. This is an exciting opportunity for the you to develop your risk and credit analysis skills in a core market for the bank. Working in a high profile and demanding environment committed to delivering core group values.
The skills you'll possess...
- Commercially aware
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Social skills
- Written and verbal communication
- Self/work organisation
- Ability to work as an effective team member
So what's in it for you? As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- A Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Share Schemes
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.