Assistant Manager Decision Science
Here at Lloyds Banking Group, the Client & Prudential Modelling team, which is part of Decision Science have an exciting opening for an Assistant Manager.
This is a really varied role within a small & collaborative team responsible for the re-calibration, development, maintenance and validation of commercial Loss Given Default (LGD) models. The model outputs and associated analysis are used in many areas of the bank, including customer pricing, credit risk assessments and portfolio analysis.
In addition to the above, our team, together with Impairment Finance, is responsible for the bank's IFRS9 impairment reporting; we own the modelling relating to the LGD component of the IFRS9 calculation and take care of the of the informative analytics used to support the IFRS9 approval for half year and year-end external reporting.
We've also got lined up a few exciting projects! Over the next 12-18 months we will be focusing on enhancing the LGD modelling used for customer pricing & improving the IFRS9 approach for our mid-sized customers!
What you'll be doing...
You'll be hands-on with data, developing and validating models and running impact assessments to understand how the credit risk of a portfolio responds to different economic conditions. Due to the nature of LGD modelling you'll build close relationships with many other Risk teams, including Credit, BSU and Recoveries, Client Products, as well as the Front Line!
We'll give you the opportunity to conduct your own analysis and present the results to senior partners. Close collaboration with colleagues across teams will also be essential to achieve our goals.
We are looking for somebody who is always curious and motivated to learn, whilst having a flexible approach to changing priorities. You'll already have a good understanding of credit models, with a numerical or statistical qualification to a minimum of degree level, or be qualified by experience. Whilst not essential, a good understanding of Commercial portfolios and products would be advantageous.
Finally, you'll have strong written and verbal communication skills, knowledge of statistical modelling techniques and strong SAS/SQL skills; a working knowledge of Python would be advantageous.
We deeply value diversity within our team. Applications from those wishing to work on an Agile basis are very welcome. We already support a variety of arrangements across the team.
- Plan and deliver the development and maintenance of Commercial LGD Models and suggest ways to improve models, simplify processes and create efficiencies.
- Use communication skills to influence and gain consensus for modelling proposals and proactively manage partner relationships.
- Own and lead in the generation and maintenance of robust documentation to satisfy the bank's internal and external approval bodies.
- Align with policies and apply best practice to all aspects of work.
- Show commitment to simplifying and improving the wider business.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Degree with quantitative content or equivalent skills derived from experience.
- Experienced in design, development and validation of Credit Models; an understanding of IFRS9 modelling would be advantageous.
- Practical application of statistical modelling techniques and technical methods with strong SAS/SQL skills; a working knowledge of Python would be advantageous.
Want to hear more?
You'll be offered a competitive package which includes...
- a generous pension contribution and
- Flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel welcomed and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible!