Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The TSS Delivery function within Sky's Group Technology Office is primarily responsible for the delivery and implementation of technology led cyber security initiatives across the Sky Group, many of which require business/process analysis, design or change.
This is an exciting time for the team; the significance of maintaining and improving all aspects of cyber security capability and reach across Sky Group is a key focus at board level and is supported by a group-wide security strategy and roadmap. This Project Manager will be key member of TSS Security led programmes supporting Sky in the delivery of its security strategy through effective business process analysis and standard methodologies.
What you'll do:
The Project Manager role will be part of a growing Programme delivery function within Sky's Technology Strategic Service Cyber function, reporting to Director of TSS Cyber Delivery, with day to day reporting/tasking via a Programme Manager.
- Provide Project management expertise and leadership on assigned project workstreams and initiatives. Typically, these projects will be focussed on improving Sky's cyber security maturity by growing security services capability, reach and efficiency across Sky group.
- The primary tasks will be those associated with the provision of high quality Project Management. Projects and tasks will primarily be technology /cyber security related.
- Ownership and delivery of assigned project workstreams through all relevant stages of its lifecycle from project initiation through to project closure and post implementation review.
- Application of appropriate formal project management methods including scope control, resource and budget forecasting, supplier and stakeholder management, risk and issue management, and project monitoring/reporting
What you'll bring:
- Have a good understanding of project management delivery methodologies, project lifecycles/delivery frameworks and best practices with, ideally, at least 2+ years' experience in a technology focused project management role. This might include areas such as cyber security, enterprise networks, IT systems integration or Broadcast Infrastructure.
- Be self-empowered to proactively resolve obstacles and find innovative ways to solve issues blocking the progress of a project
- Have superb communication skills, a proactive personality and the ability to engage with senior management and stakeholders across many business departments within Sky, Comcast and external professional services providers
- Be able to articulate & author business cases, project status reports, presentations, recommendations and similar written communications.
- Operate effectively in a hybrid working environment - e.g. where team members, stakeholders and contributors are often remote rather than office based.
Strategy & Security: We play an important role in creating a cohesive tech strategy across all of our teams - uniting our tech teams to work towards clear and common goals. Behind the scenes, we're protecting our business and our customers from cyber threats. Join a team that's kickstarting and leading mission-critical work across Sky.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.