Head of Software Engineering
Head of Software Engineering
We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
We have a fantastic opportunity in Digital Technology working on innovative new products with world class, high performing teams. We're looking for someone that has a blend of technical, delivery, strategy, and soft skills, able to represent the team authentically in executive circles.
Ensure all information, systems and technology services are operating effectively, are appropriately secure and performing in line with agreed business and customer service expectations, are meeting the fluctuating demands of the business trading pattern and are continuously improving according to agreed business requirements, in line with policies and objectives for service maintenance, risk management and operational cost efficiency. You will be the recognised authority across the organisation for the successful delivery of technology solutions in production environments, with a focus on delivering sustainable business change.
Working with the Heads of technology, and in line with their defined processes, you will be responsible for co-ordinating the overall response from the Digital Technology Transformation area of
responsibility. This will include managing the incident response, including prioritising concurrent incidents, and ensuring that normal service operations are restored as quickly as possible, minimising the adverse impact on business operations. In addition, this will require you to conduct post incident root cause analysis to identify problems that can be eliminated to reduce future incidents, and to minimise the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented.
You will be responsible for the overall strategy, and development / continuous improvement of relevant processes, that support the solution delivery function globally. This will include the development of knowledge sharing / learning between application support teams, and standardisation of response / processes. This role will also work with Delivery Managers to ensure that change is appropriately managed into the production environment, and that incident response processes, including escalation paths, are in place / adjusted / periodically tested, as required
- Experience of working in fast paced, multi-channel customer focused organisations, ideally in the retail sector or other consumer centric market sector.
- Excellent understanding of commercial and financial management, budget control and cost optimisation, ideally gained through experience in an organisation that leverages 3rd party expertise.
- Excellent problem-solving ability particularly when high priority issues arise that demand a quick resolution
- The ability to lead necessary change management that accompanies large-scale technology and process transformations.
- Keen awareness of competitive use of technologies, always abreast of current and future relevant technologies and applications.
- The ability to establish and maintains constructive and collaborative relationships with all business areas
- The ability to demonstrate pragmatic judgement, balancing risk and business value to reach decisions which are well informed and actionable
- The skill to be proactive in planning to achieve targets and objectives which deliver profitable outcomes.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.