About the job
We welcome applications from all communities and we don’t discriminate against any identity. We’re interested to hear from you, regardless of your background.
Are you a marketing professional looking for an exciting and challenging role?
We’re looking for a well-organised, dynamic and self-disciplined Marketing Executive with excellent planning abilities and project delivery experience to join our communications team at the Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
You will need to have strong verbal and visual communication skills as well as being a good writer with the ability to adapt your delivery to suit a wide variety of audiences. Creative thinking will be an important part of the role and you should be as happy working as part of a team as you are on your own.
Our team plans and delivers exciting campaigns and activities, including events, publications and digital projects. Our marketing work is predominantly passionate about improving safety on the coast and at sea, both among recreational water users and within the industry. We also support the work to grow the UK maritime economy through our survey and inspection work and the UK Ship Register.
As the Marketing Executive, your work will be creative and dynamic – from planning, developing and delivering marketing campaigns, based on Agency’s business objectives. Most of your time will be office-based although sometimes you'll be out and about meeting partners, dealing with the logistics for events or collecting customer insight.
Include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and oversee communication campaigns, events, and collateral for key MCA target audiences. This will include behavioural change campaigns, providing safety information, organising shows and events, working on digital communication projects including social media and overseeing and providing MCA publications.
• Work with internal data and insight to develop strategic direction for external communications to improve the effectiveness of campaigns. Interrogate this data to ensure that all MCA communications are targeted to ensure value for money and maximum impact for all campaigns, projects, publications, and events.
• Liaise with external partner organisations, Department for Transport colleagues and internal stakeholder groups such as the Coastguard Rescue Service. As part of this, on occasions, the Marketing Executive will need to lead meetings and participate in other partner and stakeholder related events.
• Deliver messages in line with MCA's Business Plan and objectives. Be aware of the plan and its contents and be able to link all communications activity to the objectives.
• Line manage and oversee the work of the marketing officer, working as a team and supporting them in this role.
• Keep internal audiences informed and updated about relevant external communications. This might include informing staff or volunteers using the MCA’s intranet, internal social media groups, email, or other online tools.
• Participate in the delivery of our online strategy and activity, playing an active part in MCA Communications plans.
For more detailed information please see the dedicated role profile.
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll be a dedicated and confident self-starter who looks to have a real impact on the team. You will already have experience in organising marketing campaigns and events. You will have strong communication skills both verbally and in writing with the ability to adapt your delivery to suit a wide variety of audiences. You are someone who can gain rapport quickly and build effective working relationships. You will be a creative thinker, be able to work as a collective, be well-organised with excellent planning abilities and project delivery experience. You are passionate about design and online media and would welcome the opportunity to apply this passion in your everyday work. We would love a confident individual to join us who can deliver the right messages to the business in a professional and clear way.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Communicating and Influencing
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Government Communication Professional Competency Framework
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Strengths, Experience and Technical skills.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
Within your personal statement please demonstrate your knowledge and experience of:
• Experience in a communications or marketing role.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Ability to use InDesign and Photoshop software.
• Experience in managing social media.
• Experience in organising campaigns and events.
The sift is due to take place on 4 October 2021.
Interviews are likely to be held on w/c 18 October 2021.
This interview could be conducted via a video interview, details of which will be provided to you should you be selected for interview.
We will try to meet the dates set out in the advert. There may be occasions when these dates will change. You will be provided with sufficient notice of the confirmed dates.
The selection process will be designed specifically for the role. As a result, your assessment could include:
• an interview and a presentation.
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
Please see attached candidate notes for further information about our recruitment process.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the 'Contact point for applicants' section
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email DRGComms@dft.gov.uk for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
Please note this Post is NOT regulated by the Civil Service Commission.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants Job contact : Name : Joanne Groenenberg Email : Joanne.Groenenberg@mcga.gov.uk Recruitment team : Email : email@example.com Further information
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission
Attachments Role Profile Opens in new window(pdf, 231kB) Candidate Notes Opens in new window(pdf, 823kB) New gcs.civilservice...competency-Framework-Feb-16-1 Opens in new window(pdf, 5323kB)