Regional Head of Land & Development
Our recently established Development Solutions team is now driving a new and exciting pipeline of opportunities for our business and we are seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our team in order to expand our capacity through the Midlands / North regions.
The role of the team is to work alongside our customer base, providing a range of development related services, with the ultimate aim of unlocking schemes for our customers using our combination of construction and development expertise.
This role will work alongside our existing team working across a variety of sectors with the main aim being to develop a forward order book of opportunities within the North/Midlands region. Our main offices in the North/Midlands are located in Oldham, Nottingham and Birmingham but we also have offices based in Yorkshire and Newcastle. The successful candidate can be based anywhere within the region as some of your time will be spent working from home but you must be prepared to travel to meet both internal and external customers as required.
Willmott Dixon is a family owned, values driven, company who operate across the full spectrum of the built environment. We are passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive around continuous personal and professional development.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Building on our existing development solutions pipeline, working in conjunction with the national lead and regional teams to establish key targets and pipeline opportunities
- Leading the role out of appropriate development models within the region
- Engaging and motivating regional teams to buy in and support the development process
- Establishing and creating development solutions for customers, and delivering the service through to project completion.
- Undertaking asset management reviews of customers' existing land / assets and developing feasibility studies on how to make best value
- Identifying land suitable for development in line with the development plans of relevant customers
- Identifying and understanding key alternative funding solutions and options
- Leading and managing development opportunity related bids and feasibilities
- Leading development launch meeting and providing client brief packs and programmes
- Generally working closely with regional preconstruction teams to establish deliverable solutions which achieve relevant margin requirements
- Managing relevant consultant relationships on projects to ensure deliverable solutions achieved.
- Identifying risks/opportunities and eliminating risks and optimising returns to ensure that projects evolve to meet and better the financial and programme requirements
- Key account management for key regional development partners / frameworks
- Monitoring and maintaining CRM pipeline for development led opportunities
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Experience of working in a development related function previously
- A network of customer and consultant contacts
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication ability
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to manage different stakeholders
- Knowledge of funding options and mechanisms
- Experience of working with local authorities/public sector customers
- Experience working in a variety of real estate sectors
We reward our people generously with a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile, part-time or flexible working wherever possible.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a hugely beneficial impact on the UK's economic growth and prosperity. We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2021 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People' Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.