Customer Service Manager
Willmott Dixon is currently looking to recruit a Customer Service Manager to join our Central South Construction team covering an area of works across Wiltshire, Hampshire and Oxfordshire. Our offices are based in Farnborough and Oxford. Reporting to the Principal Customer Service manager, the successful candidate will provide an efficient service to our customers in managing defects across our projects together with meeting KPI targets for the customer service team.
Willmott Dixon is passionate about its people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development, offering you a career of a lifetime!
As a privately-owned, family-run construction business founded in 1852, we employ over 2000 people and achieved a turnover in 2018 of £1.2 billion. We have a purpose beyond profit and are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and the environment.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2021 as well as our platinum award for 'Investors in People'.
Customer Service manager's objectives included:
- Ensure compliance with customer service procedures.
- Ensure defects are dealt with as expediently as possible with minimum cost to us and minimum inconvenience to our clients.
- Ensure effective team working between the customer service team and operational teams.
- Cultivate good working relationships with subcontractors who are undertaking remedial works.
- Be objective and proactive in providing timely solutions to problems.
- Where appropriate work with operational staff to resolve major items of contention.
- Work with operational team to ensure tight cost control during defects period.
- Monitor all outstanding tasks weekly and ensure action on 'overdue defects', providing support to the Customer Service Administrator where necessary.
- Provide early warning of future problems/product failures to operational team and supply chain.
- Provide technical support to Customer Service Administrator.
- Identify health and safety high risk activities and manage accordingly.
- Carry out CSM inspection process
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Proven experience of:
- The construction process.
- Working within financial constraints.
- Health and safety awareness.
- Organisational skills for multi-disciplined teams and working groups.
- Multi faceted communication techniques and methods.
- Working with Microsoft Office.
- A driving licence.
- Working within a team.
- Managing multi-disciplined teams and working groups.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Minimum of an HNC or degree in an appropriate subject, or at least 5 years relevant working experience.
- Working towards MCIOB status.
- 5 day SMSTS course.
- Relevant CSCS card.
- Previous experience of managing defects within the residential housing sector
What we offer
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile/flexible working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.