Internal Audit Manager – Financial Crime
Do you have a passion for credit risk analytics and impairments? Do you have a good grounding with SAS? Are you looking to further develop your skills in a Credit Risk environment? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Lead Credit Risk Impairment Analyst, you will help to support the Impairment team, providing insights and provision figures for our total lending portfolio, for both accounting and key risk metric tracking purposes.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting the Impairment and wider Credit Risk & Analytics team with data analysis and processing
• Providing support for the impairment month-end production run and assisting with the interpretation of the portfolio specific impairment results
• Monitoring impairment figures, pulling out month on month performance, trends and movements
• Interpreting and deriving insights from data
• Assisting with new model implementations or changes to existing models and perform testing
• Reading and digesting policy and regulatory guidance documents to suggest improvements and identify gaps in the team’s documentation and reporting
• Developing programs with technical skills in SAS/SQL, Excel and Access
• Performing reconciliation and validation routines across all deliverables
• Supporting the team with internal and external stakeholder queries as part of the quarterly financial reporting cycles
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have a knowledge of accounting and regulatory standards, especially; Basel Accord (IRB) and IFRS9
• You will need experience using SAS or SQL and be able to perform data manipulations, investigations and report findings
• You need a fundamental understanding of impairments, modelling and credit risk
• To perform well in this role, you need strong analytical skills with the ability to provide deep dive analysis in data and model driven investigations