MASH Support Officer Part Time
Thames Valley Police are recruiting for a MASH (Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub) Support Officer to be based at Wokingham Police Station on a long term temporary basis.
This is a critical role, assisting in the review of all cases of domestic abuse involving children.
Your day to day will involve:
- Using IT systems to accurately log information in relation to children
- Flagging high and medium risk cases to relevant partner agencies to ensure correct safety planning and safeguarding is adhered to
- Assisting with the decision-making process for protection of children and young people by undertaking full secondary investigation & interrogating all relevant databases and paper files as appropriate.
- Researching and preparing information sharing documents for partner agencies and making referrals as directed by the MASH Supervisor
- Undertaking other administrative functions and providing resilience to the MASH as directed by the MASH Supervisor.
They are looking for someone with:
- IT literate with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Ability to work alone or with minimal supervision or part of a team in a demanding environment
- Organised, ability to prioritise work and exercise good time management
- Possess the confidence and ability to research and analyse sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven ability to operate in a secure, confidential environment and to recognise sensitive information and deal appropriately
This is a temporary, part time role, 18.5 hours a week, for up to a year, paying GBP12.43p/h