Young People Coach - Essex - Part Time
Young People Coach - Essex
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 - pro rata £9,895.83
Contract Type: Permanent - Part Time 18.75 hours per week
Expiry Date: Sunday 03 October 2021
About the role
The working pattern for this role is based on a four-week set rolling rota consisting of early shifts 7.15 am – 3.30 pm, and late shifts 2.00 pm – 10.15 pm, Including weekends and bank holidays.
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed individuals to join us at our young people scheme in Basildon. If you are passionate about unlocking the potential of young people and supporting them to be the best that they can be, we are looking for you!
You will be working with single young people aged 18 – 25 and their children. You will provide support and coach them to achieve their goals and aspirations and to develop skills to enable them to move on into successful and independent living. It will be your role to encourage them to lead flourishing lives and move on into independent living.
Within this role you will be supporting and coaching our young people using an Advantaged Thinking approach to:
• Unlock their potential and encourage them to fulfil their dreams
• Provide support to enable them to gain life skills to live independently
• Advise and support our residents on a wide range of aspects
• Roll out exciting weekly activities and events
• Conduct regular Health and Safety checks
For the above post it is essential that you will:
• Have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a support worker role, working with young people, or similar
• Be an excellent communicator
• Be passionate about working with young people
• Be inspirational, creative & positive
• Be proactive and manage your time productively
• Be IT literate
• Understand the importance of and maintain professional boundaries
• Be able to complete case load paperwork within set timescales
By way of background Swan Housing operates in Essex and East London and manages over 10,000 homes with plans in place to deliver more new homes as part of an ambitious three year strategy. We create communities, we build and sell new homes and provide a range of services to our customers.
We do this by being innovative and enterprising. At the heart of what we do is our social purpose so any surplus we make gets reinvested into core services so that we continue to make a difference.
We are accredited as a Gold standard Investor in People and recently ranked as 22nd in the Times Top 100 Best not for profit companies to work for. In addition to having some great colleagues and a rewarding job we also offer a wide range of benefits including a Pension scheme, Private Healthcare and Life assurance. There is a generous holiday entitlement and we are committed to training and developing all of our employees.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Check. Swan is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.