Data Science Product Owner
Here at Lloyds Banking Group, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and every colleague has an important part to play.
Part of the Chief Data & Analytics Office within Lloyds Banking Group, Data Science is a key player in our further digitisation using the latest technologies and services. We take ideas from the concept stage and work with our customers to understand how data science and machine learning can be applied. You'll work on a wide range of exciting projects with no shortage of work!
We're a warm and welcoming team. We pride ourselves not only on our contribution to the positive outcomes for customers and the Group but also how we support each other in our diverse and inclusive team, where everyone has a voice.
The role of a Data Science Product Owner...
You'll proactively drive the end-to-end delivery of initiatives through experiment cycles and facilitate the identification and management of new opportunities. You'll also be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered safely and ethically, using help from our governance processes.
Across all stages of a project, you'll likely be involved in activities such as:
- Leading multidisciplinary squads and engaging with business partners across the bank
- Exploring problem statements and understanding business questions
- Taking stakeholder requirements and shaping the backlog of tasks - ensuring the scope is understood and documented
- Embedding agile practices across the team and encouraging a culture of curiosity and experimentation
- Providing advice and guidance on sophisticated modelling approaches powered by Machine Learning - all within an iterative and Agile environment
- Being responsible for technical acceptance criteria, ensuring best practice is followed, and improving the value delivered by the squad
- Collaborating with other project teams across CDAO
Here's what we need from you...
- Experience running data science initiatives and upskilling partners and teams
- A good theoretical and applied knowledge of statistical modelling and/or machine learning techniques
- Ability to move between technical and non-technical terminology
- Ability to present project techniques in a clear, visual manner to support senior stakeholder decision making is key to the success of our projects
- Experience in applying agile methodologies to optimise innovation development and delivery
- Experience in working within cross functional teams
- Demonstration of competitor and opportunity awareness within the banking industry is a bonus
We're particularly keen to hear from individuals who have a track record of delivering data science projects within commercial environments. For example, those with experience of having successfully productionised and delivered data science solutions for large scale industry applications.
Want to hear more?
You'll be offered a competitive package which includes...
- salary dependant upon location
- a generous pension contribution and
- Flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel welcomed and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.