Our engineers are responsible for ensuring our services are resilient, responsive and have service uptime appropriate to our customers' needs while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. In addition, we continually strive to improve our services in a fast-paced environment.
We build our own creative engineering solutions to operational problems. We consider the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, using a breadth of tools and approaches to solving a wide spectrum of problems. In our day-to-day work, we use automation to limit time spent on operational work and we proactively identify potential risk factors and convert them into actionable improvements.
What you'll do:
- Design, create and deliver reliable infrastructure, code and services for our developer enablement tools
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Contribute to the stability and security of the environment
- Be part of a team that contributes and creates new designs, architectures and standards for large-scale distributed systems
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Define process and best practices for reliable and timely delivery of quality products
- Communicate work status regularly with a clear articulation of design choices along the way
What you'll bring:
- In-depth knowledge of Hashicorp Vault, implementation, support and management
- Configuration management (experience with two or more of Ansible/ Puppet/ Terraform/ Chef/ Salt etc), Virtualisation (VMWare / Openstack / Xen), Containerisation (knowledge of config and troubleshooting) and Container Orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes/ Swarm/ Mesos)
- CI/CD (create jobs and build pipelines in e.g. Jenkins/ Concourse/ GoCD/ gitlab-ci)
- Networking (in-depth knowledge of routing & switching as well as e.g. Firewall, Security, Storage Mgmt (Provisioning, LVM, Raid-levels, NFS, Object-Storage, Block-Storage etc)
- Cloud Platforms (deploying and automation within at least one of e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure etc)
- Monitoring (Implementation of Monitoring Solutions/ Metric Driven alerting, etc), Logging systems (deployment of e.g. Splunk/ ELK)
- Scripting/ System-Programming (Python, Bash, Go, Java, C/C++), Databases (HA/Clustering, Optimisation), Linux System Administration
- Security (knowledge of a number of practices, e.g. SSH/ SSL/ TLS/ HMac /IPS/ IDS)
- Systems architecture (high-level design), Microservice architecture / immutable infrastructure / Infrastructure as Code
Strategy & Security: We play an important role in creating a cohesive tech strategy across all of our teams - uniting our tech teams to work towards clear and common goals. Behind the scenes, we're protecting our business and our customers from cyber threats. Join a team that's kickstarting and leading mission-critical work across Sky.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.