ERP Functional Consultant (Sales Distribution)
2 days left
- Contract Type
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
The ERP Team own the SAP platform at Inmarsat. SAP is used to run business processes across Record to Report, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay and Supply Chain. Our talented team is experienced, collaborative, innovative and lots of fun to work with. Our mission is to enable our users to get the most out of our application.
Our Product Managers are accountable for the strategy, implementation & operation of our ERP technologies and journeys. Working with business owners, they provide customer-centric solutions to evolving processes. Our services are at the heart of how Inmarsat run the Hardware Equipment Sales & Lease operations as well as a critical enabler of Global Financial Operations.
This is an exciting time to join our team. We are also about to embark on a major ERP Strategy to replace our ECC system. This will revolutionise ERP for our customers and internal users. Therefore, we are looking to augment our team of outstanding Product Managers who will be pivotal to delivering ambitious solutions within the current platform and contributing to shaping the new-generation ERP. It is a great opportunity to play a major role in this programme and develop the depth & breath of your experience. If you are a proactive and detail-oriented consultant with awesome ability to communicate with our users and have the capability to think both tactically & strategically, we would love to speak to you.
The delivery of End to End SAP business solutions, that meet the business requirements and add business value. To be a Product Lead in the Order to Cash team and use your expertise, experience, SAP skills and business process knowledge to design, develop, integrate, test and deploy changes to help our business achieve its objectives.
As a key member of the ERP Team you will ensure the design and realisation of functional solutions are fit for purpose and delivered against stated business requirements. You will collaborate with cross functional teams & business stakeholders to implement and oversee operational excellence in maintaining global OTC processes by the Support Team.
Be able to identify & assess available technologies and recommend solution options according to the business requirements & drivers
You are expected to collaborate with business, team members and core stakeholders to clearly understand business journeys and requirements and how they can be simplified and optimised. You may serve as team member in some projects or Product & Team Lead on others; as such, you will work well in partnership with team and be equally able to work independently. You will be able to do, teach & evangelise all things Order to Cash and bring colleagues and stakeholders on the journey to world-class solutions.
- Ability to perform the role of Functional Consultant on SAP Support, Enhancements and Projects including the facilitation of requirement gathering sessions.
- Ability to drive excellence in the delivery of support in this domain, partnering with our offshore support team, including successful knowledge transfer to this team and mentoring of partner colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the within the organisation and our delivery partners
- Design and implement best practice business / SAP solutions appropriate to the requirements, business needs and strategic direction of the organization
- Manage and own enhancements and incidents through to completion adhering to Inmarsat’s project standards.
- To keep up to date with SAP capabilities within the SAP SD and ERP
- Delivery of complex integrated solutions
- Preparation of specifications, estimates and solution documentation to support work completed
- Fostering and maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- May be required to coach and manage the other members within the team
- Managing third party suppliers and delivery of contracted work
- Taking ownership of continuous improvement within the ERP solution
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of multiple, full lifecycle project implementations
- Excellent experience in SAP SD functional configuration and technical support.
- Extensive experience in designing SAP SD and integrated solutions
- Deep knowledge & experience in integrating with other applications
- A creative and innovative mindset to your work and stakeholders while ensuring the highest quality work delivered on time.
- Desire for self-improvement, results and growth oriented mind together with a strong work ethic.
SAP SD configuration and implementation;
- Order Management
- Logistics and Execution
- Billing and Account Receivables
- Sales activities
- Intercompany processing
- Idoc Management
- Returns process
- Sales support
- Credit management
- SAP Business Blueprinting incl. process design and Gap analysis
- Configuration of the agreed business blueprint in SAP, highlighting any changes in requirement
- Conducting system testing, legacy data mapping and integration, specification of non-standard SAP enhancements
- Service management, including equipment management, service orders & installed base
- Asset management
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- SAP S/4 HANA assessment and roadmap definition
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do