Care Worker Rapid Response
Care Worker Rapid Response
Do you want to be part of an organisation that improves the lives of older people in the community?
We are looking for a caring and compassionate Responder to join the growing Response Team providing care and support service to vulnerable people in order to avoid a hospital admission or to support a hospital discharge.
Job type: Fixed Event Contract until end of March 2022 with potential to become permanent.
Hours: Various contracted hours over a 24-hour shift pattern
Salary: £18,863 pro rata
About the Role
The Response Team offer a 24 hour call out service, offering support and assurance to individuals across the county. The organisation has a flexible approach to care and support, working with individuals and their loved ones at a pace that is right for them. Successful candidates will be responsible for the direct support of individuals, ensuring the care and support they provide is the highest quality, and is tailored to their needs and wants. You’ll be responsible for completing care plans and assessments, providing personal care as required, assurance and support and assisting individuals who have fallen with no apparent injuries.
Key responsibilities include:
- Home visits to ensure layout of the home is safe and food is adequate, establish the individual’s outcomes and agree an appropriate care plan to achieve them and provide comprehensive care and support packages.
- Communicate with family, friends and neighbours if the individual wishes you to do so.
- Install, test or check Telecare and other communication systems are operating successfully.
- Respond to a Telecare alert by visiting the individuals home.
- Work in partnership with other parts of the organisation and external agencies
As a Responder, no previous experience is necessary, however, you will be a dedicated and empathic person who is able to not only provide physical care, but also understands and appreciates of the needs of older people and people at risk.
You will be:
- Positive with a good sense of humour
- Good organiser and time keeper with the ability to work in a small team
- Willing to accept instruction and responsibility and be self-motivated and able to work alone
- Flexible and commitment to providing a service focussed on the individual
- Committed to fulfilling the needs of vulnerable people
You will need a full driving licence with access to a vehicle for work purposes and have the right to work in the UK.
If you want a rewarding career with fantastic flexibility and benefits, apply today!
Current Responder Quotes
“This role makes me feel like I make a difference on every shift I am on”
“I love being a Responder, no two shifts are the same and every day we make a difference, I love the buzz of this job role”
“I love the diversity of the role and that I am allowed the time to fully commit to each individual to ensure that I am providing the highest standard of Care and Support”
The organisations great employment package includes:
- Highly competitive rates of pay and contracted hours
- Mileage and expenses allowances
- Paid DBS and renewal service
- High quality induction and ongoing training and development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks’ annual leave and workplace pension scheme
About the Organisation
As local independent charity, the organisation has been providing services and support to people aged 50 and over in the Lincoln City and surrounding areas for over 60 years, ensuring that they get the most from life. Currently supporting over 4,000 people each week in the community with 1,500 people attending the Head Office at Park Street for activities, home cooked food and social interaction, the charity’s vision and mission statement drives everything it does: A world in which older people flourish. To improve lives of older people.
All roles subjected to Disclosure and Barring Scheme.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker, Rapid Responder, Responder, Care Responder, Social Care Responder, Care Rapid Responder, Care Assistant Rapid Responder, Care Assistant, Care Assistant Responder, Responder Care Assistant, Rapid Responder Lincolnshire, Care, Social Care, Support Worker, Care and Support Worker, Social Care Worker, Support Assistant, Care and Health Worker, Care and Health Assistant, Lead Support Worker, Senior Care Assistant, NHS.