Patient Journey Partner
About the job
Local customer facing role unlocking value along patient journeys
Roche is a company with a 125 year history and our ongoing success is based on our strong focus on delivering meaningful value for our customers and society, and we will need to evolve our offering and approach in order to do so.
In response to the increasingly volatile world we live in, Roche Pharma International began a wide scale transformation process - changing our ways of working to be more agile, less hierarchical, highly collaborative. Now we take the next STEP in our journey focusing on how we can deliver the greatest value and make a meaningful difference to our customers, patients and society.
Mission and responsibilities:
As the Patient Journey Partner (PJP), you will be at the centre of the new Roche organization, turning upside down the role we play in society - from mostly offering extraordinary medicines towards much more partnering, innovating and leading generative disruption.
You will be locally embedded and integrated in the healthcare ecosystem in a functionally agnostic way (i.e. it does not fit into the traditional concepts of Commercial/Sales or Medical Affairs). It has no profitability, sales objectives or incentives.
As an empowered leader and the face of Roche, you will collaborate closely with all partners directly touching the patient journey, gaining a deep understanding of their needs, in service of connecting Roche’s capabilities to co-create meaningful solutions. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as a trusted partner and the primary point of contact between stakeholders and Roche, prioritising and securing resources, and driving solutions that deliver outcomes faster.
- Collaborating with patient journey partners to remove roadblocks and unlock possibilities to deliver value for patients and the community.
- Guiding Roche’s products through their lifecycle and supporting their appropriate use, sharing their merits with HCPs in a truthful and balanced manner.
- Ensuring great experiences whenever partners in the ecosystem engage with Roche employees, products and services.
Who are you:
You demonstrate personal purpose in improving the patient journey, as well as a strong passion to bring value and impact to the healthcare ecosystem.
You are a true visionary, defining and embedding the strategy around creating better health outcomes for more patients faster, bringing a strong entrepreneurial mentality with outstanding partnering capabilities (coaching, consulting, ability to deeply listen, question and understand).
In addition, you bring the following skills & experience:
- Growth mindset, able to learn and unlearn quickly, take risks and experiment, and contribute to the learning cycle by sharing knowledge with others inside and outside Roche
- Self managed and self directed - altruistic in supporting the global network
- Display of integrity in everything as a leader who senses, reflects and responds
- Boldly acts on key decisions and opportunities and boldly stops any activity that is not adding value. Ability to say “No” to partners when the value is not predictable/foreseen.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills including partnering with Therapeutic Area Experts (TAEs) and organizations is required. Experience partnering with Patient Advocacy Groups (PGAs) is highly desired.
- Experience in both formulating cross-functional strategies and orchestrating cross-functional teams
- Strong eye for business with desired expertise in commercialization, medical and customer experience excellence
- Able to understand and use digital means and tools
- Deep experience in agile ways of working is desired
- Deep knowledge of patient journey(s) and related treatments in defined disease area(s), enabling engagement at the specialist level.
- Broad understanding of Roche’s present portfolio and future pipeline, such that they can work on future-based solutions
- Robust understanding of medical affairs strategies and tactics including clinical research
Fluent in local language. Proficient in English to collaborate internally across the broader Roche enterprise is highly desirable.