Data Science Manager
4 days left
- Contract Type
About the Role
As a Data Science Manager, you will be responsible for prioritising and delivering data science capability to Gas Transmission. This includes working with the senior stakeholders in the business to understand key priorities and strategies and helping to define how data science can enable these.
- Lead and run a team of high-performing Data Scientists.
- Understand strategic direction for the business and use this to identify and prioritise work.
- Develop a capability strategy for Data Science and Analytics across the business that drives optimal business performance.
- Develop strong relationships across the business, including the Senior Leadership Team and the IT Team.
- Work with the Systems, Data & Analytics Team to ensure successful delivery of solutions.
- Identify and resolve business conflicts and influence decision-makers to ensure that agreed priorities are met in terms of objectives and timelines.
- Coordinate with programmes and initiatives delivering value across the business.
To shape and deliver the data science capability strategy and product roadmap, you'd benefit from some (or all) of the following:
- Significant experience using data science to deliver tangible benefits for organisations.
- A good understanding of the evolving ML/AI technology landscape and recent advances/best practice.
- Experience in developing and implementing a data/analytics strategy within an organisation.
- Experience operating at all levels of an organisation, with a focus on influencing, capturing opportunities and requirements, and explaining analytics to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in project management frameworks and their implementation (preferably an Agile methodology).
- Experience delivering both proof of concepts and production data science models.
Whilst you won't generally be writing loads of code, you will be responsible for supervising and coaching others who will, so you'll benefit from some (or all) of:
- Fluency in Python and common data science packages (e.g. pandas, scikit-learn).
- Experience with good software development practices and standard tools (e.g. Git).
- Experience quality-assuring, testing and troubleshooting code and models.
- Experience coaching and developing technical skills in others.
What You'll Get
- A competitive salary between £51,000 - £62,000 dependent on capability.
- Flexible and part-time working can be accommodated.
- 28 days holiday plus 8 statutory days - option available to buy extra holiday days.
- Annual performance bonus of up to 15% of your eligible earnings in the performance year.
- Private medical insurance for you, with the option to add your partner or family available to purchase.
- A generous pension scheme where we double match your contribution up to 6% (maximum Company contribution of 12%) of your salary each month i.e. for every £1 you contribute, we'll put another £2 (you can contribute more un-matched if you want to).
- Paid expenses for any business travel and accommodation excluding travel to your base location/office.
- You will also have access to several other flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes.
- Access to employee support, care and assistance helplines.
- Access to Employer Matched charity giving.
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Location: Hybrid working will be supported, however you will be expected to travel to Warwick as and when required.
Closing Date: Friday 22nd October 2021
We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
The application process includes a CV review and if minimum requirements are met, an invite for an initial 20-minute telephone conversation with the hiring manager, followed by a formal interview if shortlisted following telephone conversation.