Geospatial Systems Specialist
4 days left
- Contract Type
About the Role
As a Geospatial Systems Specialist, you will support the management and development of the Geospatial Information System (GIS) to provide the platform from which Gas Transmission (GT) can optimise future designs, plan future work and deliver in the most efficient and productive way. You will maintain the integrity of the GIS system to ensure the data and information is accurate and auditable.
- Deliver complex Geospatial analysis for GT business users.
- Deliver bespoke GT training for users within GT both in respect of the use of the system and on how to interrogate the information contained within.
- Work closely with the analytics and data teams to develop, deliver and support quality information systems for GT.
- Provide first-line support in the analysis of GIS system data issues and the definition and delivery of corrective steps.
- Provide technical support to GT users on the system, information and process surrounding the GIS system.
- Undertake stewardship activities for information management, including being responsible for day to day information management.
We're looking for someone who...
- Can think creatively - seeks continuous improvement opportunities.
- Has good communication skills - is able to identify and manage key stakeholders and communicate confidently at all levels.
- Is numerate and analytical - can provide support in the analysis of system data issues
- Expert knowledge of GIS with specific experience of working with the ESRI suite of software.
- Knowledge of and experience in querying relational databases, including proficiency in using Excel and Access to manipulate datasets to provide customised information. Experience with working on an Oracle GIS database is desirable.
- Experience in spatial data management and working within an asset management environment.
- Experience with technical drawings and CAD.
- An understanding of the National Grid GT network.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- GIS programming and ETL experience using Python and FME.
What You'll Get
- A competitive salary between £38,900 - £49,000 dependent on capability.
- Flexible and part-time working can be accommodated.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 26 days following 2 years of employment) plus 8 statutory days - option available to buy extra holiday days.
- Annual performance bonus of up to 6% of your salary.
- A generous pension scheme where we double match your contribution up to 6% (maximum Company contribution of 12%) of your salary each month i.e. for every £1 you contribute, we'll put another £2 (you can contribute more un-matched if you want to).
- Paid expenses for any business travel and accommodation excluding travel to your base location/office.
- You will also have access to several other flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes.
- Access to employee support, care and assistance helplines.
- Access to Employer Matched charity giving.
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Location: Hybrid working will be supported, however you will be expected to travel to Warwick as and when required.
Closing Date: Friday 22nd October 2021
We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
The application process includes a CV review and if minimum requirements are met, an invite for an initial 20-minute telephone conversation with the hiring manager, followed by a formal interview if shortlisted following telephone conversation.