Principal Engineer (AWS)
1 day left
- Contract Type
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"Innovation isn't one single spark, it's a passion for relentless pushing to understand our place in tomorrow's media and its connection to the audience" - Tom Des Jardins, Director Innovation and AI
What you'll do:
- Lead from the frontline the design and delivery of cutting-edge distributed software systems
- Define architectural direction for many projects across multiple squads
- Coach and motivate others in the team, listen and share knowledge
- Act as a bridge between our development teams and other technical teams, product stakeholders and architects
- Design complex integrations and write technical documentation
- Learn new technologies, design patterns and processes, introducing them where appropriate
What you'll bring:
- Substantial experience as a software architect and a developer
- Hands-on AWS cloud experience, ideally with serious serverless projects
- The ability to identify and solve problems and work with minimal guidance and direction
- Restless attitude and a drive to always make things better and quicker
- Excellent knowledge of English with first-rate verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally published blog posts and/or contributed to open source projects
- Experience in the Media industry is desirable but not essential
You could work on a migration project from one monolith CRM to another… yawn
You could help invent experiences in: Media, Sports personalization, and Discovery!
Join our new team! Build innovative applications using AI/ML to make new products that will be the future of media. We have several projects to work that all share the same goal: use AI/ML techniques to improve aspects of media consumption.
The Innovation and AI team's mission is to differentiate the Sky experience by making it more personal, more interactive, and more engaging than ever before. You will have an awesome opportunity to join a speedboat environment and enable new ways for our customers to discover and enjoy the amazing content that Sky offers.
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We're bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we're proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.